Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sjorgens syndrome  (Read 1724 times)

jennyr265

Sjorgens syndrome
« on: March 14, 2019, 09:51:02 AM »

Morning everyone,
I am having tests for SS as I have dry eyes, dry mouth, joint pain, etc.
I'm just wondering if anyone else was diagnosed with this post menopause and found that HRt helped.
I'm 54 and it's 5 years since my last period but I'm not on HRt.
I was diagnosed with primary hyperparathyroidism last year after suffering with it for a couple of years and had a parathyroid gland removed. I recovered from that but I'm now pretty depressed to be ill with another condition!
TIA

Countrygirl

Re: Sjorgens syndrome
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »

Hi Jenny, i haven't but suffer with the dry mouth and now use moisturising toothpaste, the dry eyes too and use drops and ointment every day and waiting for duct plugs and use vagifem for dryness too. I'm really hoping hrt will help as dr thought it might help with these as it seems I'm falling apart x

Robin

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 10:40:04 AM »

I have dry eyes, mouth and va too. I've never heard of moisturising toothpaste but would love to try it. Where can I buy that from country girl?

Countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:00:23 AM »

I got mine via the dentist Robin it's called biotene, for the relief of dry mouth and they do a mouthwash too, just googled and boots stock it too x

Robin

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »

Thanks country girl I'll give it a go

Turkish delight

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:56:17 AM »

Hia Jenny!

I had extremely dry mouth, oddly only on the bottom jaw teeth area of gums. Thought I might have sjorgens s as I have a related rheumatoid type disease called AS, ppl with this are prone to SS also. I joined this group, link under here! Great support there if you need it.

https://healthunlocked.com/

Turns out mine was just meno related dryness, though never had the SS test. It cleared up by itself. Hard to believe it was this as it was so very dry, chewing gum, mints or water, nothing touched it. It would wake me up in the night, it was a right pain.

So hopefully, yours will clear up and not be SS after all. Hang in there!

TD

jennyr265

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 03:00:25 PM »

Thanks everyone for the advice and links.
Yes I'm hoping it will go away as well!
To be honest it's the nasal congestion that's really getting to me. I think my nose is overproducing mucous because my nose is so dry if that makes sense. I can't breathe through my nose at all and nothing is helping. I have tried all kinds of sprays - decongestant, steroid and salt rinses without much relief. Bizarrely it does clear when I lie down so that's a good excuse to stay in bed!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »

We gave our bedroom a deep clean this week and I have felt a lot better in the last 24 hours.  Allergic rhinitis symptoms have lessened and I am coughing less. 

There are a few topics on this condition if one does a 'search'.

Let us know how you get on.

Robin

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 09:04:00 AM »

Hi countrygirl,

I used biotene toothpaste yesterday for the first time and didn't need to sip water all night. My mouth is much more comfortable already.

:thankyou:

Robin

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 09:11:59 AM »

I wonder if my original toothpaste was causing the problem. I do have dry eyes etc though.