Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can anyone help me please re hrt types  (Read 889 times)

Bluenose

Can anyone help me please re hrt types
« on: April 01, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »

Hi everyone
I was taking elleste duet Conti for 3 months and still having bad night sweats so at my check up I asked if I could change to a patch, I started everol 25 yesterday and on reading the info I feel I've been given the wrong one as it only contains 1 ingredient, isn't this for people who don't have a womb?  I phoned and spoke to a dr and he admitted he didn't know much about hrt but felt I was right and has now prescribe Evorel Conti, does anyone know if this is right? He's emailed the original doctor to let them know so I don't know if she will phone me or not, I'm confused 🤷‍♀️
Thanks for reading x

Dotty

Re: Can anyone help me please re hrt types
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:18:52 AM »

Yes you need a patch with progesterone in it. Evorel Conti is right if you are post menopausal x

Bluenose

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 10:46:51 AM »

Yes you need a patch with progesterone in it. Evorel Conti is right if you are post menopausal x
Thank you so much for your quick response, I doubted myself as you trust what a doctor prescribes don't you, they put me on the wrong ones the very first time and gave me ones for women who still have periods so this is my 4th in 4 months 🙄 hopefully they will help.
Thanks again

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 03:55:53 PM »

Evorel Conti and Elleste Duet Conti are both medium dose hrts.  If you are still getting symptoms then it would suggest that you need more oestrogen.  You might be better on Oestrogel or Oestrogen only patches with Utrogestan for the progesterone as you could then increase the oestrogen. x

Bluenose

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 08:39:36 PM »

Thank you for that, I do t seem to have seen a dr who knows much about hrt, I will see how I get on with the new patch.