Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Changed HRT from tablets to patches  (Read 1559 times)

Lynnhunter

Changed HRT from tablets to patches
« on: March 29, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to update and get some advice. After my fear of anxiety/ panic attacks returning and doc giving me AD to help!!  I returned to my health centre to speak to the female doctor explaining my return of symptoms after 4/5 yrs on HRT.  She says that my body could have changed how it absorbs medicine and that it is possible that I may need to look at changing my HRT.
She took some bloods and after research decided to change me from kliofem 2mg orally to Evorel Conti patches. Obviously I'm a little nervous about this as it might not go in my favour, but I've got to give it a try it's got to be bette4 than suffering this anxiety and panic along with tiredness and appetite loss.
Has anyone changed from these types of HRT?
The patches contain different ingredients to kliofem and I hope this is what my body needs...
Any feedback ladies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Lynn

Hurdity

Re: Changed HRT from tablets to patches
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »

Hi there Lynnhunter

Sorry I can't help re changing from pills to patches but what I will say at least both of these products contain the same active ingredients ie estradiol and norethisterone. Obviously the fillers are different because they are different delivery methods, but that is one hurdle you won;t have to worry about.

If you have stopped absorbing from the tablets then the patches might well work better. Hopefully! The other thing is maybe you are not suited to having continuous progestogen - maybe you didn't need the AD at all if you are sensitive to the progestogen? However if so, the only way round this is to have a completely differet type eg a Mirena coil or Provera or go back to a cycle (meaning a bleed) which I don't imagine you will want to do after this long?

Anyway hope it works for you and maybe someone else will be along with their experiences - I know lots of women do change HRT!

Hurdity x

Golden retriever

Re: Changed HRT from tablets to patches
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 09:26:25 PM »

Hi
I tried to change from tablets to patches but it didn't work. Went from femoston 2/10 to estradot 50 and Utrogestan 200mg for 10 days of cycle.
The reaction to the Utrogestan was unreal.
I took it for 3 months but because of the drowsiness and emotional upset went back to the femoston 2/10.
I would suggest you try for 3. months and then make a decision
Hope this helps
GR xxx