Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Symptoms are back. Help!  (Read 1526 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Symptoms are back. Help!
« on: March 28, 2019, 03:28:59 PM »

I think my oestrogen levels ran low because a new moisturising shower cream was hindering absorption. I had an irregular break through bleed and it felt like I ovulated? Mood was dreadful too.

So I swapped my shower gel and after 3 days felt so much better. Then this morning I woke to find some very light brown flow and my mood and anxiety are bad again.

The thing is WHY? I'm not due to start Utrogestan until April 1st, so why am I having some brown flow now? This happened last month, flow arrived way early on Feb. 27th - and finished just 2 days into taking Utrogestan. Didn't have a 2nd bleed after finishing Utrogestan.

I assumed it happened last month because I wasn't absorbing enough oestrogen and so my own cycle broke through?

I'm now wondering if it's happening again this month because my oestrogen levels haven't had chance to increase enough yet to have suppressed my cycle?

Sorry for sounding so down and fed up. If, and it is IF) this is all down to a bloody shower cream then I'm so cross at having put myself through this just because I wanted softer skin. Nothing is worth feeling like this.

pepperminty

Re: Symptoms are back. Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 03:55:03 PM »

Can't be of much help, but try to give it a bit of time to adjust back perhaps. I am coming back as a man. Hope you feel better soon.

PMX

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 04:11:18 PM »

Thank you PM. I was perhaps being over optimistic thinking that within 3 days of using new shower gel my oestrogen levels would be back to normal and everything sorted. It's so frustrating and horrible isn't it?

How are you today?

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 04:43:03 PM »

I know it is very hard when you desperately want to be well.

I am not so great at the moment, but trying not too get too low.

PMX

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 04:57:26 PM »

One day we will barely remember any of this, I'm sure. My Mum suffered dreadfully with peri anxiety and depression, to the point where she was treated for a nervous breakdown. Her symptoms miraculously improved when she had a full hysterectomy due to fibroids and was put on HRT.

Fast forward 30 years to when my problems started and she was a huge support but genuinely couldn't remember hardly any details of how ill she'd been before.

This gives me hope because often I feel my experiences have left me with PTSD.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 02:41:10 PM »

Hi Birdy

Feeling much better again, suddenly felt a wave of normality about an hour after applying Oestrogel this morning. I think if my problem was caused by poor absorption then it's going to take time to get my oestrogen levels up to a consistently high level again.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 08:42:28 PM »

Hi GRL

I know this is no consolation but I too feel like I've got PTSD from my menopausal breakdown!

I've got photos pre and post autumn 2015, and I've aged so much. I'm a natural brunette but had the odd grey since my early twenties - since 2015, I now must be 80% white on top before that I was probably 30%!

I'm lucky in that all of my blood tests have pointed to either still ovulating or very low oestrogen/ testosterone and I flush away like mad!

Let's hope one day this crazy ride will be over for us xxx