Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advise about trying HRT again  (Read 842 times)

Hvenab

Advise about trying HRT again
« on: March 26, 2019, 11:52:32 AM »

I'm still trying to understand more. So on 8 day estrogen only experience headaches. Is this normal? Should I ignore headache and keep on with patch. It was going really well. Very disappointed. Gp said to stop thinks estrogen sensitive.  If all eastrogen the same is there much point in trying something else?

Hurdity

Re: Advise about trying HRT again
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 08:15:00 AM »

What type of oestrogen are you taking? Headaches can be a temporary side effect of HRT - sudden increases in oestrogen as well as progesterone, and also sudden cessation can cause these too. Not sure where you are in menopause and how long you have been without oestrogen?  If the headache is not a worrying type ie sudden severe mirgaine ( when I gather the advice is  stop the HRT), then hopefully it will settle.

If you have been without oestrogen for some time and depending where you are in menopause and the dose, you could try to build up gradually by starting with half a patch for example for a few weeks. Are you taking a progestogen?

Hurdity x

Hvenab

Re: Advise about trying HRT again
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 09:41:40 PM »

Thanks hurdity, I was on evorel sequi so never got to the progesterone. I have periods every few months so getting further and further apart. I had a menopausal blood test which said menopausal. So close to the end. If I cut patch I. Half do I do the sam with the conti patches? Thanks do much for advise. Ps the headaches were two days and bad enough to keep me in bed.