Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Angeliq discontinued no alternative !!! Help  (Read 4445 times)

annemariecj

• First Flush
Angeliq discontinued no alternative !!! Help
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:32:03 PM »

Hi ladies newbie here - need your help please. About 7 years ago aged 40 I had a full medical hysterectomy - womb, ovaries & cervix removal - where they discovered severe endometriosis - apparently the removal was a 6 hour op because the scarring was so bad and bits of my womb were stuck to my bowl. Anyway after about 4 different types of HRT & 18 months of upset I finally settled on Angelic, where I have been reasonably happy with.

So my chemist has let me know this week that that Angelic (drospirenone and estradiol) has stopped being produced. Yep they have just stopped making it. Apparently there is no generic alternative. My GP has prescribed Femoston Conti 1mg/5mg where the active ingredients are (dydrogesterone estradiol hemihydrate)

My question is - because my GP did this over the phone, we didn't have a chance to chat - it was done through the receptionist  and Im not sure if the GP has read my history- I just want to check to see if you ladies have any experience or thoughst on this change over - as it appears to be a completely different formula.

Any thoughts and comments welcome.

annemariecj

• First Flush
Re: Angeliq discontinued no alternative !!! Help
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:21:35 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Stella - hoping someone with knowledge of the different formulas can comment given my no cervix no womb no ovaries status.  ;D ;D ;D

Marie62

Re: Angeliq discontinued no alternative !!! Help
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 01:44:24 PM »

I posted a while ago about Angeliq being discontinued, I had trouble obtaining it from the chemist, they never seemed to have enough in stock. I contacted the manufacturer and they told me it was being discontinued from January 2019 due to commercial reasons.
I have 5 months supply left so will shortly have to change to something else which I am dreading. I was on Elleste duet and Kliovance before Angeliq and both gave me depression,anxiety and a lot of hair loss. I have been fine on Angeliq and so annoyed it's been discontinued.
There seems to be no alternative with the same progesterone available. I might give femeston a go as I've heard it's ok regarding hair loss.
I know I don't want anything with the same progesterone as Elleste!!
Sorry I can't really answer your question as I've not stopped Angeliq yet but would be interested to hear how you get on.