Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Crippling stomach pain and very heavy periods  (Read 1148 times)

pepperminty

Crippling stomach pain and very heavy periods
« on: March 26, 2019, 05:23:23 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I increased my estrogen dose by a tiny amount upping it every couple of months by a quatre tablet.

This month I have had a very, very heavy period, and excruciating cramps, it was also 6 days later than normal.  Does this mean that I have a high dose of estrogen in my body?

I have also developed very low mood verging on depression, which has been getting gradually worse each period, I couldn't stop  crying etc. I have now reduced my dose to what it was before and I am hoping my mood will stablise.

My aches have also increased, especially ankles and I have difficulty lifting my arms. I thought increased estrogen would have done the opposite and lessened the aches.

Peppermintyx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Crippling stomach pain and very heavy periods
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 05:31:42 PM »

Oh have  :foryou:

I had very heavy, clotty, painful++ periods  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 05:36:37 PM »

Hi pepperminty. Sounds painful. Are you increasing under medical supervision and what dose oestrogen are you on now? Also have you increased your progesterone too?

Taz X  :hug:

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 08:32:28 PM »

Hi Taz2,

Yes I am under the meno clinic and she said to increase gradually and see how I get on. I am on Femosten 1/10 with half a tablet of Zumenon every other day added . ( the progesterone in 1/10 and 2/10 is the same dosage ). I tried 2/10 a couple of years ago and I felt worse. So increasing very  slowly was suggested.

With all the symptoms I wonder exactly how much estrogen I have in my body? Or is this a red herring? I still feel crap and very low.

Funny thing is the estrogen in the discontinued HRT Prempac C made me feel wonderful- but the progesterone part drove me completely insane. I lasted 3 months on that and then moved to Femosten.

Peppermintyx

Thanks for the flowers CLKD, x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 09:12:58 PM »

you are welcome

cazjen44

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 09:22:25 PM »

I miss Prempak C so much, was on it 16 years up until end of Dec '17.  Had a rough time finding a replacement and had a lot of trouble tolerating various synthetic progesterones but since last Oct '18 I've been on Sandrena, Utrogestan and Tostran.  Not 100% sure the dose of progesterone right as womb lining too thick but getting investigated soon.  I don't have ovaries, so can't have a period naturally so to speak. 

I wish they manufacturers would start producing Prempak C again!