Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: The 3 F's  (Read 2097 times)

Mushyjam49

The 3 F's
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:03:12 PM »

:'( Hey guys hope you are all coping well with this change of life malarkey...... My current problem is I am feeling extremely down in the dumps and have been for the past few weeks.  The three F's are my issue and I am at a stumbling block because I cannot seem to shift the dark mood I am feeling at the moment.  The three F's by the way at Fat, Female and Fifty!!!! well I am about to turn 50 in two weeks and having this menopause to deal with on top well I feel thoroughly deflated!!!!!  I have gained enough belly fat to make Michelin Man think he is super hot and toned.  Feel Like I need a hoist in the morning to get me and my achy breaky bones out of bed and just feeling thoroughly sorry for myself :'( :'( :'( help ladies.... please tell me this will pass and what I can do to kick myself up the arse to get myself out of this doom and gloom :-\ :-\ :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The 3 F's
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 03:18:21 PM »

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary and decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

How is your diet overall?  Do you keep well hydrated?  Also, are you able to exercise?

The Change - does what it says on the tin  >:(  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 03:57:50 PM »

Join the club mushy 👋 I used to be super fit but slowly I've just had to wind down,still like to keep active though, I think that is very important,my mood went downhill when I had to give up running,like everyone else on here,aches and pains,pretty much a new one every day 😒😞 I try not to dwell on it too much as there's really not a lot to be done about it,the ladies on here also helped me a lot and for that i'll be forever grateful
You'll get through it,we ladies are made of tough stuff 😊

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »

Running  :o  :D

I feel fat some days.  I know that my apron dropped a few years ago due to a lack of oestrogen which made the muscles around my belly lose elasticity.  Sometimes my jeans feel extra tight  >:( and I know that if I did more walking and ate less buns  :-X.  I am however gardening more, do you have hobbies?

Mushyjam49

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 04:53:31 PM »

Yes I like eating!!!! ;D ;D and watching Netflix!!! Jesus I sound like a hormonal teenage girl don't I lol!!! I tried getting back into my walking but my head is all over the place so I just end up walking around ranting like I have escaped from an institution!!!! So I am in my second week of trying Yoga to try free my very active mind, the first session I really enjoyed but the second one seemed to bring all my down feelings to a head and I haven't been able to shake it off at all...... I am going to stick at it though to see if I can relax my mind a bit more.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »

Journalling relieved my brain.  When I read it 5 years after writing it I would have been put away  :o  :-\

So when I meet another woman walking towards me, ranting under her breath I'll know it's you 'cos I'll be ranting in the same manner  ;D. You'll fit right in.  We have a funny room - have you found it yet ?

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 06:36:31 PM »

In the funny farm😳

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 07:36:56 PM »

You did find it, well done  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 08:27:31 PM »

It's the belly  ::) - which from an early age is rounded, then firms up as we become young ladies then as oestrogen levels drop  >:( those muscles may become lax ..........

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 08:27:12 AM »

It is not an anatomical term Hummdinger, nor a term that is in common usage (maybe more used in US?). None of us have ever heard of it except when CLKD uses the word to describe her fat!  ;)  I always have visions of my cooking apron dropping to the kitchen floor....  ::) Having looked it up it sounds like it might have originated as an obscure colloquial term for the "omentum" - which actually is not fat but is described as an apron-like fold of the peritoneum: from Wikipedia "The greater omentum (also the great omentum, omentum majus, gastrocolic omentum, epiploon, or, especially in animals, caul) is a large apron-like fold of visceral peritoneum that hangs down from the stomach. It extends from the greater curvature of the stomach, passing in front of the small intestines and doubles back to ascend to the transverse colon before reaching to the posterior abdominal wall.". Or maybe it is a rarely used word for the fat that is in the same region as the omentum ie belly fat.

Mushyjam - dealing with excess fat is very important at your age so if you are over the optimum BMI then the best thing you can do for your future health is to start trying to reduce it ( little by little). Have you also had blood tests to check thyroid function as weight gain ( as well as feeling unusually cold, and fatigue) is a symptom also of underactive thyroid which some women experience at this age?

Hurdity x