Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Light bleed before end of my 1st utro cycle. Does it have any meaning?  (Read 1247 times)

Turkish delight

Hi girls!

I'm on my first ever round of Utrogestan. I have taken 12 x 100mg vaginally and have 2 left to take, so 14 days of 100mg is my full regime given by gyn. With 1 pump Oestrogel 4 times a week.

This morning I have had a very light pink(watercolour type wash)bleed on the tissue when I wiped, but not actual bleeding to speak of.

Just wondering what this means if anything?

It was my understanding that 2 or 3 days after the last dose is when I should expect some bleeding. I have searched the archives as I realise it must get laborious for old timers here answering the same ol questions every time. I found some info but noting along this line.

I should mention that I took 11 days of oestrogen via a femseven patch back in September and then stopped taking it all together, or any progesterone to counter it after that, I now know better but back then I spooked myself and stopped cold turkey.

So wondering if there is any significance to the wash of pink, or should I just blow it off as it is my first experience with Utro/progesterone.

My background is that I'm 51, peri meno and didn't have a period for 5 months prior to starting bhrt last month.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you girls
TD

sheila99

Re: Light bleed before end of my 1st utro cycle. Does it have any meaning?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »

Could be your own production of prog putting a spanner in the works, I have bled at very odd times in peri. Both oestrogen & prog seem like a low dose though, I'm on 200mg utrogestan for 12 days. I start a new cycle if I bleed when I shouldn't taking the bleed as day 1, though as you've been 5 months without a cycle perhaps your own body isn't doing much now.

Turkish delight

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 04:40:08 PM »

:thankyou: SJ and Sheila!

I feel so wiped out today, just how I used to feel before my period so somethings going on lol!

Thanks again girls, you are my little angels

TD

Pinkjan4288

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 09:53:24 PM »

I didn't bleed after the first cycle.

I'm on 200mg Utrogestan for 14 days a month. I now have a definite bleed every time I have a break.

Turkish delight

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 09:26:10 AM »

:thankyou: Pinkjan!

That's reassuring to know. It seems to have subsided but left me feeling ravaged, in a bad way  >:(

I have completed my first month on the hrt cycle.

The first to weeks good. 2 days of the 2nd week starting Utro were very bad PMS'ing symptoms. Since then the Utro has given me increasing & extreme fatigue, but I feel kinda lucky to have gotten away with just that. Not had any headaches/migraines which I'm prone to, or any PMS symptoms after the 2 days at the start of utro.

I went into this knowing it's going to be a process. A lot of ups downs and tinkering of treatments, so far so good.

Thanks again girls, I'm really feeling the warm sisterhood vibes from you all.  :foryou:

TD
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:28:21 AM by Turkish delight »

Turkish delight

Morning team, hope you're all good!

So it's only my second round/month of hrt, and once again on day 8 of Utro 100mg I have a breakthrough very light pink bleed on loo paper that's lasted for 3 mornings. Didn't have a bleed to speak of the first month.

I expect it's normal for things to be erratic in the first few months so not worried, but getting a 2nd opinion from my girls is a nice safety blanket warm fuzzy feeling  :D

So I have upped my Oestrogel to 1 pump a day in the past week, so the regime is 1 pump O with 14days Utrogestan 100mg.
If like last month I don't have a withdrawal bleed is that all cool too, and carry on as normal?

Seem to be tolerating Prog phase apart from extreme tiredness starting day 8, same happened last month boohoo watchagonnado lol!
TD