Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: has anybody taken Estrofem 2 mg combined with Utrogestan?  (Read 952 times)

foreign body

has anybody taken Estrofem 2 mg combined with Utrogestan?
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:46:17 AM »

I have been using estrogel (2-3) pumps combined with utrogestan 100 mg for 4 years and i am happy with the results, womb lining always within the safe limits. I will be travelling for several months and cannot carry so many tubes of estrogel in my luggage (i won't be able to buy it in the place where i will be).
I was thinking of switching to Estrofem pills while i am away as it's easier to carry them.
Has anybody used Estrofem? 

Hurdity

Re: has anybody taken Estrofem 2 mg combined with Utrogestan?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 08:11:35 AM »

Hi foreign body - I assume from your name you are outside the UK? I ask because that preparation is not on our list of HRT/oestrogen types so that will explain your lack of response.

There are women who have taken oestrogen tablets along with Utrogestan though, and who maybe still do.

What a pity you won't be able to get hold of the gel where you are - if this works for you. However the tablets may well work as a temporary measure, but be prepared for some return of symptoms depending on your absorption as you change from one method of delivery to another.

Good luck on your travels whatever you are doing and hope it all works out!

Hurdity x

foreign body

Re: has anybody taken Estrofem 2 mg combined with Utrogestan?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »

Hi Hurdity!
Thanks for pointing out that Estrofem is not well-known in the UK. It's estradiol, so basically the same active principle as Estrogel. It's sold in Europe, often used in IVF cycles with Utrogestan. I took it on a much higher dosage 6 mg a day many years ago when i did IVF and was still ovulating. so i thought it might be safe for 3-4  months, on a low dosage. My gyno is not against the idea but has never prescribed it for HRT