Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ten Pieces  (Read 6352 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Ten Pieces
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 05:28:11 PM »

When I was a teacher, I had the privilege of teaching for a while in a primary school where music was very much part of the curriculum. The end of Friday afternoons was dedicated to singing, which was done with gusto. It was amusing to watch new children come and look round confused at the enthusiasm, then gradually join in. 

I never had access to any kind of music apart from the radio programme 'Singing Together '. Without that programme. I wouldn't have any knowledge of traditional songs, which is proving to be very useful now in my singing lessons. Anyone else remember that programme?

honeybun

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »

I started off with the recorder, then had singing lessons. Piano lessons and then started the clarinet. I loved playing in the school orchestra. We entered all sorts of competitions. It was great fun getting in the bus and going all over to play against other schools in the county.....we won a lot too.

I gave it all up at 17. Social life and exams got in the way.....Oh and boys  ::)

My kids are not musical really. My son is tone deaf like his dad. I remember a teacher telling him just to mouth the words, he was so bad.
My daughter played the tuba for about three years until braces got in the way...literally  ;D

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2014, 08:51:39 PM »

Yep - singing together; music, movement and mime;

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2019, 02:37:11 PM »

Another  :D