Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT woes  (Read 1202 times)

Littlepuss

HRT woes
« on: March 22, 2019, 07:46:59 AM »

Morning all I have had some great advice on here previously so I am really hoping you can help me again.
I was on HRT until a few months ago and when I went put my prescription in for more was told that I could no longer have it as I had a Mirena coil fitted in November and also have to use Ovestin for vaginal atrophy. I was more than happy to try without the HRT but the last few weeks have been hell as the night sweats have come back with a vengeance!! Any help would be greatly appreciated, before starting the HRT a few years ago I tried a lot of alternative natural treatments to no avail and I am loathe to fork out more money for things that don't work. TIA

Dotty

Re: HRT woes
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 08:08:45 AM »

Hi which hrt were you using previously? X

Littlepuss

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 08:17:07 AM »

I was on I think it was called Femiston they said it was too much estrogen?

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 08:39:12 AM »

Hi Femoston is a combined hrt so once you had the Mirena fitted you should have been given an Oestrogen only hrt. You can have Oestrogen in the form of a tablet, a patch or gel.

The Mirena gives you the progesterone. You couldn’t have Femoston as you would be getting too much progesterone. Why did you have the Mirena fitted if you were happy on the Femoston?

You need to ask your GP for Oestrogen. X

Littlepuss

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 08:58:01 AM »

Thank you so much. I had a Mirena coil fitted as I was bleeding but was I felt rather dismissed by the consultant when I queried exactly what was in the coil. I will make an appointment to get the HRT that you have recommended. I have to pick my Dr carefully tho as I know that some of the Drs in my surgery are dead against HRT the lovely Dr I used to see has sadly left the practice. Thank you again.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 09:11:13 AM »

Hi the Mirena is an excellent way of providing the progesterone. So stick with it if it suits you.

It should be very easy to add the oestrogen. Oestrogel or oestrogen patches are the best ones as they are body identical . X