Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Discharge After Menopause None Or Less?  (Read 1264 times)

Machair

Discharge After Menopause None Or Less?
« on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:16 AM »

I am finally about to celebrate being post menopausal - but have one question for ladies who are post. Do you ever have any discharge at all yellowish or similar to what you used to have before periods stopped?  I still have some days when I feel just as I always did. I have no dryness or discomfort yet, but there is occasionally a yellowish look to my pants at the end of the day just like I had all my reproductive life. Is this normal or the start of VA? Should I be celebrating or starting to look at treatments to prevent VA as I know some discharge can be associated with it.

Jeepers

Re: Discharge After Menopause None Or Less?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 11:11:03 AM »

Yes, I do.  But thinking on it, I think it got worse when I started HRT.  Before that, it was much less than pre menopause.

I was worried, but I've had swabs taken, and no infection or thrush found

sorry, that's not much help is it? ;D

Machair

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 11:25:25 AM »

Thank you Jeepers that is so helpful. So I guess it is normal to have some- maybe it will lessen as time goes on and the dryness starts. Was yours yellowish?

Jeepers

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 10:18:19 AM »

Hi

Yes, it's yellow,but sometimes it's green! Sometimes I think it smells a little vinegary, but not offensive .

The nurse at the surgery said thrush can sometimes be green, but I tested negative for it.

I use condoms , and wondered if that could be the reason it sometimes goes green, reacting with the rubber? ... Hmmm .

Yes, I agree, as long as it's healthy, better than a bone dry vagina.

Jeepers x