Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi been prescribed vagifem 10 micrograms  (Read 3524 times)

Katejo

Re: Hi been prescribed vagifem 10 micrograms
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 03:29:21 PM »

Hi Zodiac. Go for it. My GP advised me to use this after repeated Urinary infections. I couldn't see how this would help but it is given to lots of ladies with repeated UTI's. My GP also suggested this site to me as a way of finding out what others thoughts were and it helped me, particularly CLKD, to get over my anxieties in using it. Been using it for nearly two years now three times a week and no more problems. You do need to do the reload though
   hi Zodiac   i agree with Herdwick here. I have had a problem with repeated apparent UTI's for around 10 years. I eventually got to start vagifem last september and it is working well so far. I have a follow up appointment with a urogynaecologist soon (who studied the problem of recurrent/embedded UTI's and unreliable urine tests for her PhD). Given the unreliable tests, I want to ask her this time about how we are supposed to tell whether we have VA or a UTI. The symptoms are so similar.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 03:39:37 PM »

Will you let us know about what she found in her PhD?  Thanks.  This will be good knowledge to take to our GPs  ;)

JaneinPen

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 04:18:55 PM »

Hi CLKD. Yes it is so lovely here at the moment with lambs gambolling about and beautiful spring flowers. Brings a smile every day

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 04:19:26 PM »

:thankyou:

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 07:20:30 PM »

No question is daft.  Initially it should be every night for 2 weeks.  Some ladies need a double doze occasionally.  Because we lay down most of the night it means that most of the product remains in-situ  ;) whereas gravity in the day time .........

Double doze CLKD - :catscratch: - love it -we all need some of that  ;D 

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 07:22:26 PM »

Thanks everyone , oh read the leaflet in the pack of vagifem n bloodyhell its a bit of scareie read lol but im still gona carry on with them and see how things go
Thanks xx

The leaflets are mostly out of date in that they give the same warnings on them as for systemic HRT so enough to put anyone off - I almost didn't start my vaginal estriol pessaries ( many moons ago - probably 2006!) as a result of the warnings!

Good luck..

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 07:22:40 PM »

;D. you passed the initiative test  ;)

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 10:40:21 PM »

Will you let us know about what she found in her PhD?  Thanks.  This will be good knowledge to take to our GPs  ;)
It is freely available online. Will try and remember to post a link tomorrow.

Tc

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 11:29:29 PM »

Herdwick. I'm a week into the loading dose. I cant say Iv e noticed any side effects.
Using vaginal moisturisers didnt work for me. I am on systemic HRT so figured the dose in local eastrogen therapy is a fraction of that.
I agree that the manufacturers leaflets on the vaginal eastrogens seem out of step with a lot of the current medical information about the low absorption of these products into the bloodstream. I guess they have to err on the side of caution.
Katejo. My gynae diagnosed VA with a physical exam.

Pages: 1 [2]