Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Conti sequil  (Read 880 times)

Janeydrew

Conti sequil
« on: March 16, 2019, 06:39:38 PM »

Hi I'm peri and having the worst hot flushes in a tad arguementive with everyone apart from this I feel just about ok I started on the patches last Sunday does anyone know how long before the patches will kick in to relieve the flushes also when to expect a period my last period was 5 Dec 18  I have tried various pill forms and have not felt at all well on the so came off all pills and decided to try the patch and touch wood i feel fine. Apart from the hot flushes any advice would be great

Janeydrew

Re: Conti sequil
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 06:41:48 PM »

Evoral sequil 50 is the name I'm on his knows why I put conti brain fog :'(

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »

I found that oestrogen patches worked really quickly - that was the type of HRT (Evorel sequi) I had when I first started (many moons ago!) - so hopefully you will begin to notice a lessening of flush frequency soon!

Re the periods - depending on what your own cycle is doing - you should expect a bleed towards the end of the combi patch or just after you start a new pack. Sometimes it takes a while to settle into this pattern and sometimes your own hormones will override the HRT cycle so you could bleed at the "wrong" time.

No need to worry about putting the wrong name - in fact Evorel sequi is very confusing because  ( at least when I was using it) none of the patches are actually called Evorel sequi ( is it still like this?). There used to be two weeks ( ie 4 patches) of Evorel 50 followed by 2 weeks (another 4 patches) of Evorel conti so quite reasonable to think it's called this!! (Unless they've changed how it's named?).

Hope it works for you :)

Hurdity x

Janeydrew

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:15:33 PM »

Ah bless ya for replying yes the patches are still like that. Ok I will wait and see when the period will start. Just can't wait for the flushes to stop I have noticed since being on the patches I'm no where near as tired as I was so  everything is going ok at the mo x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 09:25:36 PM »

Some symptoms seem to take take longer than others. For me flushes were quick, I think it was a couple of weeks. Insomnia and anxiety took 3 months.

Janeydrew

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 09:32:08 PM »

Really 3 months crikey I've not had anxiety touch wood I've had very bad nightmares about my children grandchildren which frighten me that much I was scared to close my eyes for a few nights but they are not often thank God I'm just angry like proper angry but today I'm actually smiling and had a laugh so hopefully that part of anger is going lol do you know I said to my Dr I'm 50 and I seriously didn't know menapause was like this I think girls should know what the change is about as I didn't have a clue x