Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ovestin need advice  (Read 1543 times)

Mrs Bennet

Ovestin need advice
« on: March 15, 2019, 07:40:27 AM »

Just need a bit of advice/ reassurance......thought the ovestin was starting to help had one really good symptom free day and now the pressure and pee feeling is back 😳😩....i dosed at the weekend then again on Tuesday Wednesday was a good day then last night the niggle started and this morning i seem to be back to square one......so fed up xx

Joaniepat

Re: Ovestin need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 07:58:16 AM »

Just need a bit of advice/ reassurance......thought the ovestin was starting to help had one really good symptom free day and now the pressure and pee feeling is back 😳😩....i dosed at the weekend then again on Tuesday Wednesday was a good day then last night the niggle started and this morning i seem to be back to square one......so fed up xx
How often do you use it? Sounds as though it is doing something good, but maybe try every other night? Or even every night for a while.

JP x

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »

Hi joaniepat......i am was told by my doctor to start using  once a week as i seem to be hypo sensitive to all medication 😳.....( only been using ovestin for 2 weeks)....was initially using Vagifem but that gave me headaches and didn't seem to be helping with my other symptoms at all......have now dosed with ovestin twice this week so am reluctant to do more.....I sound like a woose i know 🙄.....and after reading many of the threads i do realise it is very early days but i just feel so wretched at the moment xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »

Yes, it does take time to work. But if you are headache free on Ovestin I would increase the dose to every other night. Your GP's suggestion of once a week sounds daft to me, not nearly enough to have any effect! As you will have seen, several ladies on Vagifem need it every day. What's the worst that can happen?

JP x

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:07:13 AM »

Thanks so much will bite the bullet and use more often......i have awful health anxiety and just keep thinking .....can this really be VA causing such awful bladder symptoms.....even reading that it can doesn't seem to calm my brain 😳.....no hope 🤣 xx

Tc

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 10:21:18 AM »

The cream did take a few weeks to kick in dryness wise and I found I had to use  every other night I dont think its helped that much with bladder.
Have you had urine test.to rule out infection.
I've just been referred for pelvic physio to try to help. Maybe something to think about.

I seem to have got realy sensitive to  certain things bladder wise. Coffee. And wine. Had a few wines the other night and spent the next day in agony. A d I have to drink loads and loads of water its realy inconvent with so ma y loo trips but it does help somewhat.
Sorry to hear you're suffering and hope the cream starts to work soon xx.

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 01:22:24 PM »

I have been using Ovestin 5 months now with initial 2 week daily then alternate nights. After 2 months of this and still struggling my gp advised to use every night for 3 or 4 weeks then back to alternate. I did this and using the Boots gel alternate so using something every night. It's a matter of finding what suits and it's awful being patient cos you feel like you won't get well.  I have improved but it's taken ages, not on any other hrt. I still have bad days, sometimes 1 or 2 a week when I wee for England. It

seems to occur if I have bad sleeps, stress, or if a bit
constipated.  It does tend to start taking over your life, was that a normal wee , is it starting up again. Can I remember what a normal vagina and wee feels like!  You just have to stick with it and find what suits you, but it's not easy.  All the best 😊.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 08:57:07 PM »

Thank you all so much......hard to explain my symptoms....I don't need to wee more or even get up during the night it's just a constant pressure feeling on my bladder which makes me feel like i need the loo if that makes sense but hopefully i will find a dosing regime that suits me 😳😊.......and i will have to learn to be patient......xx