Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT tablets out of stock  (Read 3751 times)

Rachelsquelch

HRT tablets out of stock
« on: March 12, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »

Hello ladies, I'm new here. I hope someone can advise me one way or another. I've been on Elleste Duet Conti 2mg tablets since June 2018. Within 2 weeks of taking these I was 100% back to my old self, no more pains in my hips, legs, elbows. It was a total miracle drug for me. 3 weeks ago I went went for a check up with my gp, everything was fine, she said She was happy for me to continue on these tablets. Great! Until I went to collect my prescription. They were out of stock, so I spoke to the gp again who gave me an alternative tablet. This was Kliovance. I started to take it, didn't notice any difference until day 3, I was totally miserable. Day 4 I had pains in my hip and down my leg, just like it was before. I couldn't believe it. By day 5 I had some very very dark thoughts & kept bursting into tears. That was it, I stopped taking them. I decided to look online and see if I could buy the Elleste Duet Conti online, there seemed to be plenty of places to choose from. However, every single one of these websites is out of stock. They have no idea when it will be available again. I even emailed the manufacturer to see if I could find out when they would be available. No response as yet. I check all these websites daily in the hope that one of them will have it in stock. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm actually in France which is why I went for the check up in the first place as I knew I wouldn't be in the uk for a while. I don't know what to do now.

Dotty

Re: HRT tablets out of stock
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 04:55:58 PM »

Hi Kliovance is not as strong as Elleste Duet Conti.  You need Kliofem which is exactly the same.

There have been posts on here about the shortage.  Someone posted yesterday that the manufacturer couldn't tell them when they would be available again x

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 05:32:50 PM »

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php  Yes it is on the tabs above.

It is exactly half the dose of your original tablets for both parts.

Is it worth taking 2 meantime, and asking your GP to prescribe the Kilofem?

Rachelsquelch

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »

Thanks for your replies ladies. I'm waiting for a call from my GP so I'll update once I've spoken with her.  :)

Rachelsquelch

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 02:30:43 PM »

Update: Spoke with GP, she has prescribed Kliofem as suggested 👍
Waiting for them to arrive  :)

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 08:11:09 PM »

:thankyou: