News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Scared  (Read 1286 times)

mandoz

Scared
« on: April 02, 2019, 04:07:22 AM »

Hi,
I'm new here and have joined to try to get some help.
I was given a gnhr agonist last year after seeing a gynocologist for what what described as a bulky uterus.
I started to get the most awful chest pains which were not anxiety related.
I didn't have the 3rd monthly injection and stopped taking the tibalone add back therapy and the chest pains stopped.
I saw the gynocologist again after an MRI scan that found that my uterus was normal. She prescribed me kliovance which I'm too scared to take.
I'm 49. Had my last period in October last year.
I have no other health conditions.
I'm struggling with so many menopausal symptoms and don't know what to do.
Thank you

Dotty

Re: Scared
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:01:19 AM »

Hi if you are not post menopausal (12 months without a period ) then Kliovance is not the right hrt for you. You need a sequential hrt. However, you say that you were on Tibilone previously which is also for post menopause . X

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 07:11:59 PM »

Hi mandoz

Dotty is right that if you're peri then you should normally be on cyclical HRT. However if you've had the injection - is that the one that puts you into chemical menopause?  That being the case then you are not strictly peri as you are artificially menopausal so  a continuous combined HRT is OK and I presume you;ve been given this to keep your hormone levels stable? However if you've stopped the (GNHR type) injections then you may still be peri and starting Kliovance may lead to breakthrough bleeding if you are?

Could you try the pill - there is one called QLAIRA that's a bit like HRT ad would give you a light bleed but control the cycle better perhaps? You might only be able to take it for a year as 50 is supposed to be the limit but doc might allow it in your circumstances if no other health conditions?

Hurdity x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 07:17:28 PM »

Hi - jot down here your 'list' of symptoms.  Some find it useful to keep a mood/symptom/food diary too.  Browse round, make notes.

:welcomemm: