Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pads and liners irritate  (Read 6855 times)

Tc

Re: Pads and liners irritate
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 11:04:00 PM »

TC is pulling a wry smile at the front door joke dahliagirl.  I dont go in the back door very often :)
The key in the door thing tho birdy. I thought it was just ne  !! I've got 3 flights of stairs now but the minute I'm fumbling with the key in the door the dam breaks!! Why is that?

Tc

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 11:25:39 PM »

I have always had a weak bladder. My sister says I should write a book and title it "places I have wet myself"
She is only 2 years younger than me and  had 2 babies but she doesnt have the same problem

But mine has definitely got worse. Hence the need for pads. 

Tc

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 11:29:20 PM »

Saffy. Thank you. I didnt even know about this. I will check it out.
If I dont wear a pad and just my cotton knicks I dont get the soreness. So cotton pads might be a good idea.
Thanks for the link xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 09:06:23 AM »

It has been so reassuring to read your posts ladies. Thank you. I too am having issues the last few months and sometimes not only with my bladder,  I have also been struggling with various pads which do irritate so will look for alternatives mentioned here

Shadyglade

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 09:09:51 AM »

My sister had this and her GP said its reaction to the chemical they use to make the pads white. She ordered Natracare I think it was called in bulk on the net and the issue was resolved.

I think it might have been Natracare I reacted too, but I can't be sure until I'm back home to check. If so it just shows we are all different.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 08:08:17 PM »

So go B4 you get home  :-\.  Maybe sitting for a while and then standing up causes the lack of control?  It's usually because I've been lazy and thought I could hang on ........

As for not using talc, how much would 1 have to fluff around down there in order 4 it to infiltrate the vagina and travel upwards, after all the vagina is self cleansing  :-\.  As for the connection with asbestos, the Link doesn't state which type and it is written by someone selling other products  ::).  Johnson and Johnson settled without prejudice.

Tc

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »

Thanks for all the tips ladies :thankyou: and I remember the talc with the puffs. Every perfume house did a matching one for dressing table. Remember the yellow one? I think it was called kiku or kiki. X

Shadyglade

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 10:18:42 AM »

Just thought I'd add that right through peri incontinence was a real problem for me. Coughing, sneezing and just fast walking, let alone running, always trouble. After peri now not much of a problem at all. Only very hard coughing or sharp unexpected sneeze still catch me out.

Obviously a hormone thing.

Armadillo

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019, 05:24:53 PM »

I'm not sure if it's too late too comment.

I struggle with scented and plastic pads too.. although mostly for cycle thankfully not reached 'sneeze and pee' stage yet but i expect its coming.

I use natracare liners and pads .. cotton based but pricey.  I wear the liners all the time now as i seem to sweat a lot from my 'down below and thighs' compared to previously.  A cream called lanacane adds a silicoen layer to inner thigh (i'm cuddly) to prevent chub rub from sweaty/clammy skin rubbing against itself .

I have strated recently using 'period pants' as recomended by my much younger cousin who is an eco warrior.  They are far more comfy and some brands advertsie as for 'periods, pee and perspiration'.  I use the WUKA brand but plenty to choose from.  They are pricey but I have finally saved up enough. I have a heavy cycle and seem to manage OK with them.   

I also use 'baby's bum cream' such as sudocrem as a barrier on the occasions i do use normal pads as havent found anything as absorbant as always and its not always possible to change knickers in a public loo if out (especially as i'm a wheelchair user and have a fall risk). 

Sparrow

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 05:47:36 PM »

I can't use natracare liners.  I did use them for a while but developed an odour.  I thought I'd got an infection but when I changed back to my usual liners the odour went.  Obviously something in them my body doesn't like.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 09:18:16 PM »

Never to late to add experiences, welcome Armadillo [something I would love to see in the wild  ;) as well as an ant-eater]

I remember 'Kotex' stuck ........... so I used something else.  Dr Whites was the 1st introduction to periods etc..  With a belt  :o

I had a look-see along the shelves today, there are so many different brands and I never got on with 'wings'  :-\.  I bought two packets to put into the food bank box  ;) next week it will be loo rolls .......

Are period pants washable?  Sounds good to me ;-).  Thank goodness I'm past all that ..........

Armadillo

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2019, 07:23:32 AM »

Period pants...
Yes you wash them.. i soak them in a lidded bucket in the bathroom then rinse and stuff in machine or hand wash.. (it's a faff and quite a bit of work), they have to air dry though rather than tumble dry.. not so bad in summer but winter could be interesting and they are expensive so can't buy too many pairs.   

They have a much larger absorbant gusset than even the big always nightime pads, they are more comfy for me but yes a lot of extra work. 

CLKD - thank you for donating to food banks, we always put sanitary ware, loo paper and soap in too as our local place ask for these often.  Period products really are expensive especially if you need the better quality /higher abosrbancy stuff

Maxwin

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 10:18:56 AM »

Heard Carol Smillie on TV the other day talking about a range of underwear she had designed, not had time to research but may help some ladies.
Pages: 1 [2]