Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Joint pain, anyone?  (Read 1501 times)

Clarekins

Joint pain, anyone?
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:43:34 PM »

Hi there 🙋‍♀️

So glad to have discovered this forum

I'm new to this! Im 44 and I had a hysterectomy and BSO 8 weeks ago, started evorel patches 50 a few days post surgery.
I was doing ok, but in the last week i have had severe joint pains, in my hands, feet, knees and elbows. I'm wearing tubigrip supports on my knees,  a sudden change in direction can have me limping and in terrible pain. Hands are worse  :'(.

I saw a nurse at the gp, who was lovely and I cried throughout the appt, my patches have been increased to 75, advised to take ibuprofen for 7 days and had a blood test.
I just wondered if anyone has experienced such severe joint pain? I expected the other menopausal symptoms, but not this. I already take glucosamine, turmeric, omega 3 and vit d.
Just hoping it improves :sigh:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Joint pain, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 02:46:03 PM »

Hi!  pity medics don't understand menopause symptoms B4 they go charging in with the knife!!

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Over the counter pain relief should work, when I take Nurofen I swallow 2 as prescribed, then an hour later another capsule if pain hasn't improved. 

Hopefully you are not lifting anything heavier than the kettle  ;).  Do read the thread on vaginal atrophy - forewarned is forearmed.  We have a funny room too ;-)

:welcomemm:

Clarekins

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »

Thanks for the reply. It just gets better, hey? * popping over to vaginal atrophy thread! ;D.
I received no information at all regarding menopause or hrt, so poor! I thought post surgery I'll eventually feel better without the pain but seems like that was the easy part! it's a bit of a slog i am discovering!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »

Wading through treacle?

You'll find info here and we do giggle sometimes  :D

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 06:35:33 PM »

Hi Clarekins.  I have always suffered with joint pain ever since I started my meno journey which is now over 10 years ago.  In fact it was the first thing that made me go to the doctor as I kept thinking I had a virus!  I notice it always comes back when I think my oestrogen levels are low and the areas affected are exactly as you describe so, hopefully, now the nurse has increased your dose, you will see an improvement.

Wishing you well.

Rosie63x

Clarekins

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 08:02:12 AM »

:thankyou:Rosie63, it's feeling slightly better today. Probably down to the ibuprofen though, but hopefully due to increased patch dose! I really thought I was developing arthritis! X