Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Will vagifem stop me weeing every 2 hours?  (Read 1196 times)

Sarai

Will vagifem stop me weeing every 2 hours?
« on: March 10, 2019, 09:52:20 PM »

I have bouts of soreness and dryness down there, and every night and day always needing a wee. Not cystitis.
I've just got vagifem, I wanted a cream but she said it was hard to get hold of and difficult to use. Is it more expensive I wonder.
Anyway I'm not sore right now, is it worth me trying the vagifem to help with loo visits?

Joaniepat

Re: Will vagifem stop me weeing every 2 hours?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 10:04:50 PM »

Yes, Vagifem should help with the loo visits. There are lots of oestrogen receptors in the urethra and lower part of the bladder, so lack of oestrogen can result in these symptoms. It might take a while to kick in but give it time, as VA will only get worse if left untreated.

JP x

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 10:35:36 AM »

Yes the vagifem should work but it will probably take a while. I use cream, Ovestin. I don't know why you have been told it's hard to get hold of as lot's of women use it. It's not difficult to use at all, you just put some in an applicator and insert and then wash the applicator.  Hope you get some relief.

Shelly65

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »

I use both and cream is not difficult to get hold of. The soreness on the outside was not helped by vagifem alone for me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 02:35:45 PM »

Ovestin delivered by an applicator which is washed after use.  Works for me  ;)

Do beware, the product that you have been prescribed was originally made in a higher dose which is why many ladies need to use more than the 10 by inserting two doses the same night.  Some find that using 'sylc' or 'yes' products useful too.

Let us know how you get on.  If symptoms are annoying I find 2 Nurofen tablets helps settle the feelings.