Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - Awful!  (Read 2045 times)

Mollys65

Evorel Sequi - Awful!
« on: March 09, 2019, 09:28:46 AM »

I am on Evorel Sequi (have been for last month) after changing from Evorel Conti and before that Evorel 50.  This morning I feel like I have been run over by a bus - horrible stiff neck, crawling sensation across my head, painful back, headache, felt nauseous during the night, anxiety......I'm guessing this is due to the hormones during the second half of the cycle on Sequi.  Although HRT has helped with feeling hot during the night and mood swings, I feel the minuses outweigh the pluses and I'm now done with HRT.  I will try the natural remedy route, soya etc. and see how I get on.  I am 53 - anyone else had these same symptoms on Evorel Sequi and can give me any advice?  Thanks ladies!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel Sequi - Awful!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 10:20:25 AM »

Hi!  It really can be Trial and Error  >:(

Have you read the threads in the 'alternatives' room?  Some ladies feel benefit until their hormones begin fluctuating. 

Do look out 4 vaginal atrophy which is treated by a different type of HRT which may be essential.  We have several threads about *that* one!

Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling so awful. Were you feeling ok on Evorel Conti?

Taz x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 03:32:45 PM »

I'm on evorel sequi and having recently increase up to a whole patch have been feeling quite well (daren't say it!) but I had atypical symptoms, headaches, bad stomach, dizzy and nausea. I had an appointment at the menopause clinic in the week and the guy put down all my symptoms to not enough oestrogen and even said I may have to increase to 1 and a bit patches. He also said that quite a lot of people struggle with the second half of sequi, the half containing presgesteone (conti bit). It's early days for me on this regime so I'm not really sure.

I thought evorel sequi is just 2 weeks evorel 50 and 2 weeks conti, perhaps its the combination that doesn't suit you. Good luck with alternatives

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 06:12:03 PM »

If you feel good on the oestrogen only patches and bad on the conti patches you should try a different type of progesterone (eg utrogestan). You probably need 2-3 months on it though to be sure this is the cause. Might be worth keeping a diary.