Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Update on Vagifem  (Read 7056 times)

Meadowblue

Re: Update on Vagifem
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 03:58:43 PM »

Yes  :hug: to everyone.  It is such a miserable complaint.  I wonder if the advice I was recently given by a consultant gynaecologist would help.  I have been on Vagifem for over 4 years now and, although most of the time, I am fine it is a constant battle to adjust and keep on top of things.  I now use Vagifem every 3 days or every other day depending how I am.  In between she recommended using natural vitamin E oil.  I purchased a pack of disposable vaginal applicators from a well known shopping site and also a bottle of natural Vitamin E oil.  I just draw up a small amount into the syringe and insert.  It is working a treat and is very cheap as you only use a small amount.  I hope this helps someone as it has me.  Also organic cocanut oil is very good but have to warm in the hands first as it is solid when cold.

Maryjane

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 06:00:34 PM »

Birdy Me & My Menopausal Vagina it's given so many different names with the same words.🤣

suzysunday

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 06:30:40 PM »

That's helpful Meadowblue. I have heard about this before but have been a bit wary if it would be safe. How do you know the best vitamin E oil to buy? I know you said natural but lots of stuff says natural. Yes it's hard finding a regime that works. Still trying to get confidence for sex as I am so worried about the after effects.  How are you Mrs. Bennet?

suzysunday

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 07:23:48 PM »

That's a funny story, who knows what other stuff these gynaecologists might find!

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 07:47:24 PM »

Hi Suzysunday thank you gor thinking of me 😘.....not had such a good day today 😔......very niggly ......used 2nd dose of ovestin on Wednesday night so now thinking I'm sensitive to this as well.....should of gone with my gut feeling and maybe just use once a week ......so will leave several days before i dose again.....it really is trial and error as so many of the  ladies have said......still not overly convinced that hormone therapy is going to help me at all 😳 xx

suzysunday

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 08:05:30 PM »

I know, it's really scary when you don't trust what is available. I keep thinking maybe I would do better on vagifem, but then maybe not and I will lose the progress I have made. I had such a bad day yesterday I felt back at square one. I just want consistent good days without thinking about my bladder. 

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2019, 10:54:48 AM »

Can so relate Suzysunday.....i now think maybe I should of stuck with the vagifem 🙄....just can't win.....down loaded the book last night as Birdy suggested “Utterly Brilliant “ !!!!!!.......managed to get more than half way through.....due to my insomnia......think i am nocturnal 😳.....feel i can relate to so much of it and it actually made me lol ......feeling very peed off today ( no pun intended)  .......will be glad when i have had scan just to put my overactive brain to rest 🙄.....any ways hows you today ? xx

suzysunday

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »

Not been too bad today and yesterday. It's roughly about 50/50 at the moment which is ok. Just have to get over the hurdle of having sex one day, but it's scary to think it might kick everything off again. I will have a look at the book.  It's awful waiting for appointments, hope all goes well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2019, 01:58:42 PM »

If your amount of product doesn't seem to be enough to ease symptoms, then put a dose up mid-afternoon and again at night as well as taking an over-the-counter pain relief.  The latter will relax the bladder area.  I have to do so occasionally, good excuse to lay on a warm bath towel with good book whilst the product gets to work  ;)

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2019, 05:50:08 PM »

Thanks SS.....glad you are feeling a tad better today .....tomorrow's another day as they say  .....wonder if Scarlet suffered at least she could go comando under that big frock 😳🤣 xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]