Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Crippling night sweats despite hrt  (Read 1440 times)

sculliano69

• First Flush
Crippling night sweats despite hrt
« on: March 09, 2019, 08:57:16 AM »

Hi

I am 50 and have been on HRT for 18 months, 1. elleste duet 2mg then 2. oestrogel and finally elleste solo patch 80 and utro which stabalised everything for c. 12 months For the last 2 months my night sweats have returned and are worse than ever , brain fog, tingling skin as well my oestrogen level was tested and was 350 which the doctor has said is perfect and should mean my symptoms are under control. I'm at my wits end as I feel as if things will never be normal again.

Have any of you lovely ladies had symptoms with oestrogen levels similar to mine ? Xx

sculliano69

• First Flush
Re: Crippling night sweats despite hrt
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »

Thanks Birdy,

Its horrendous isn't it I woke at 3:30 and didn't get back over. TBH I got the impression the doctor thought that with my levels where they were then I couldn't possibly be feeling as bad as I am you begin to doubt yourself after a while. Hope you get some relief X

sculliano69

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »

:) It actually says in the letter from the doctor that 'your oestrogen levels are perfect '!!! Clearly not. >:(

Thanks all you've given me a bit of confidence to go back to them - i was about to give up.

I am on my progesterone phase ATM so maybe that's why the night sweats have been so bad recently my sheets have been soaking every night .

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 04:14:49 PM »

Hi,
I am in the same boat , in fact I was just going to post on the same topic.
I have been on hrt now for coming up to a year, first femeston 1mg, great, night sweats stopped until about July, then..... so up to 2 mgs of femeston... correct , sweats stopped for about a month then back again aaaaarrrgggg.
Went to go tested by oestrogen levels 1164 !!!! Mmm quite high she said, could something else be causing- everything possible tested for (bloods, ultrasound etc etc). All normal.
So now trying patches , gp gave me 50mcg, but I am being very naughty and have slapped 2 on so 100mcg, that is today, so we'll see.
I really don't get it though, how can I still be drenched every night. It is always at the same time 5 am!!, also I wake for a wee every single night at 2am- it is driving me beserk.
Also I am on sequi and I feel much much better when on the progesterone phase, make no difference to the sweating though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:17:29 PM by Sgtvhilts »

sculliano69

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 07:02:36 PM »

It's a total nightmare especially when you've had relief from hrt and know what it feels like. The night sweats are so exhausting I end up feeling half alive during the day, it's no wonder so many woman end up leaving work at this stage. Hopefully the patches will work for you x