Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan dose and delivery  (Read 721 times)

Doris47

Utrogestan dose and delivery
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »

Hello!
Background info.... I'm 48 and been menopausal since age 27 unfortunately. Tried every single form of HRT around, but been off it for a few months and want to change back to transdermal.
I'm off to the GP in the morning for an HRT review. I'd like to go back to estrogen gel, and try utrogestan vaginaly. What dose of progesterone is recommended for this route? How many days?
I'd love to go period free, but past trials of continuous progesterone just make be continuously bleed!

Saffy

Re: Utrogestan dose and delivery
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 11:45:00 PM »

Hi Doris! I think everyone else has gone to bed so didn't want to leave your post unanswered as you've got a GP appointment in the morning  :).

The standard dose for Utrogestan is 2x100 tabs for 12 days/month for a cycle or 100 daily (or sometimes 25 days out of 28) continuously. This applies whether used orally or vaginally although there is some evidence that a lower dose can sometimes be used vaginally as none is lost through digestion/liver.

Good luck with the GP!

Tracey E

Re: Utrogestan dose and delivery
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 09:37:13 PM »

I'm post menopausal and I take 100mg for 7 days at the beginning of each month. One and a bit pumps of Estrogel in the morning, if I take it at bedtime it keeps me awake.