Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cold flush  (Read 1485 times)

discokaren

Cold flush
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:55:45 PM »

Todays symptoms are feeling like the ground is moveing, dizzy, faint, palpitations and now cold flushes. At least my stomach as carmed down because the last couple of weeks my gastric problems have been awful, some days it was like I was being choked Oh the Joy's 

jaypo

Re: Cold flush
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:06:38 PM »

Welcome to the world of menopause karen 😏 isn't it wonderful,think most of us on here have had all of your symptoms,it's truly awful but not uncommon.have you gone to the “funny side of menopause”?look up what we have diagnosed ourselves with,it is hilarious.hope you feel better soon xx

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 04:19:56 PM »

Yes,
I have ‘cold flushes' I don't think I have ever had a classic ‘hot' one.  Have horrendous night sweats though.
I get dizziness, especially if I move quickly.
The guts- oh yes, awful symptoms for about 4 yrs- GP= gastritis and Ibs= omeprazole. Of course didn't work and didn't go away- not surprisingly because after I asked for a scan last September a huge bag of gallstones found- had it out last week- most of symptoms resolved already- quite shocked how quickly. Gallbladder pretty rank with impacted stones, I could go on..........
Standard symptoms apparently...... great.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:24:30 PM by Sgtvhilts »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 04:46:26 PM »

When I had been on Tamoxifen for less than 2 whole days I had a cold flush: started at the back of my neck and 'ran' down my back as far as my waist.  Still in Hospital I thought I was getting 'flu  :'(.  HORMONES  >:(

Gallstones?  Build up of calcium  :-\ - was the operation awful Sgtvhilts?

Turkish delight

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »

Yep, I've had them, much much more seldom than hot ones though and kinda worse imo.

The cold ones I had lasted for a couple of hours, so not so much a flush or flash.

Unstoppable shivering, cold hands and feet, even under blankets with a hot water bottle. Once it passed my hands felt scalded from clutching the hot water bottle for so long, but I couldn't feel it at the time, my brain was telling them/me that they were like ice blocks. It's miserable, I feel your pain. Not having them or hot ones since starting hrt whoop whoop! Are you on hrt?

TD

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 05:07:16 PM »

Blimey, you sound exactly like me. I am freezing right now!!
The heating is up, I have a fire lit and clothing , well I have loads of it on... mine too last for hours, then bang gone, then I get the f***** night sweats- aaarrg
Yes I am on HRT- it all stopped when I first started it, great, then all came back after 3 months, upped the dose, symptoms went away again and you guessed it, came back- so now I am trying a new combo and have slapped 2 patches on this morning!!!! Only supposed to put 1 on...
I had my oestrogen tested and came back 1164!, gp said mmmm rather high- tested me for everything under the sun= negative.
It has to be hormone related as I does go away for a while - but come back...... I am at a devil of a loss really.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 05:19:25 PM »

Thyroid function levels checked?

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 05:40:52 PM »

Yep,
and blood sugar, oh you name it she's done it.
I am really at a loss
CkLD- I am not going to tempt fate here I am 2 weeks post op and I am ‘amazed' how well it went. I am completely healed, no wound infections nothing...... no pain killers after a week etc etc.  Haven't had the histology back yet, but I would be a significant amount of money that they were made up of cholesterol... family history, statins etc. I had a 5 mmm stone blocking the duct and the surgeon said that I had created another ‘pouch', like an extension I guess to store all the other stones and sludge in LOL hope not TMI. The whole thing was rotten I guess and had been years in the making
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:45:47 PM by Sgtvhilts »

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

It's The Change - does what it says on the tin? 

AG

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 07:43:59 PM »

Hi,

I have had some "cold flushes" over the last few months whereas initially most of last year I mostly had hot flushes (not helped by the hot summer last year). Things are luckily improving a bit for me (late peri, 49y and not on HRT yet) but most of 2018 was a "write-off" in terms of quality of life. I tend to get phases of cold flushes, dizziness and other symptoms a bit like PMS. I wish you all the best. AG