Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New member - No Sleep at all taking Zoplicone daily!!!  (Read 1042 times)

Shazza2811

• First Flush
New member - No Sleep at all taking Zoplicone daily!!!
« on: May 31, 2020, 03:57:26 PM »

Hi Everyone, I'm new here so be gentle, I have started Peri and my symptoms have been fairly minor, odd hot flushes and mood swings, but this last 2 weeks my sleep has nosedived, I was started on Sertraline and sleeping pills but felt so foggy and didn't feel I needed anything for during the day, I was then put on mertazapine and some more sleeping pills (shouldn't really be taking both but went from 4 sleeping pills at 3 hour intervals to 1 now) and have started HRT just over 7 days ago, I can literally put up with anything but the not sleeping,  :'( I am currently furloughed so am trying to keep busy but my days are just an anxious wait/ avoidance until the battle of bed, obviously sleeping pills not the answer but was hoping the HRT would sort sleep as I have never had problems before, I have an app for CBT which GP suggested but if its hormonal I'm not sure how that will help, I am doing other things like I gave up caffeine a month ago as i get hot flush after coffee, and the bath reading ritual, other than the coming round in the morning for an hour or so I am full of beans and my appitite is through the roof, just missing the elusive zzzz's, please help!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New member - No Sleep at all taking Zoplicone daily!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 04:57:29 PM »

Sounds about normal for The Change.  Alterations of sleep patterns appears to be common for some reason.  Also during these strange times many are dreaming a lot more which can be disturbing.  Cortisol: the waking hormone : can cause problems too! 

Sleeping medication can help in the short term.  I took tablets for 3 nights then had a break, knowing that it broke the pattern.  Some medications can cause that 'hung over/muzzy' feeling first thing, I got over that by taking my tablet at 8.00 p.m..  Also accepting that the tablet can cause muzzyness helped.

:welcomemm:  browse round.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 05:08:39 PM »

My worst symptoms were anxiety and insomnia. I feel for you, there's no possibility of feeling OK when you can't sleep, it's why they use use it as torture. I had the same reaction to sleeping pills. The good news is that hrt has cured it, the bad news is that it took 3 months. Hang on in there, things do improve.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 05:20:15 PM »

Some use yoga and deep breathing exercises when they can't sleep. Passes the time and refoccese the mind.

Lyncola

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »

Hi Shazza2811,

When I first started premenopausal my first system was lack of sleep it went on for a month. I tried herbal medicine (I would only sleep for twenty minutes have a bad dream and wake up and have to take more) and my doctor put me on sleeping pills but it made me fill groggy the next day.

In the end my daughter told me to go on YouTube and watch asmr, my favourite is asmr magic, I love the noises with the water on the umbrella. I would lie down and put headphones on and listen for about half an hour. It really help me, makes me very relax and I start yawning a lot, it calms my mild.

It very rare I have to use it now, but if I find myself lying there unable to sleep I get up and listen, for me it works a treat.

Give it a go you got nothing to lose.
Good luck
 :bighug:

Lyncola

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 08:56:48 AM »

The yoga pose where you put your feet and legs in the air for twenty minutes is supposed to be very good with helping you sleep plus other things (google it) to make it easier on yourself put your feet and legs up against the wall or chair.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 11:01:38 AM »

Make sure that the curtains are closed  :o ........... I used to ease restless legs by putting legs up the wall when in bed  :-\

Easier said than done but stop worrying about not sleeping.  If you wake get up and walk around, look out the window - listen to the birds .  If you can, sleep during the day.

Sad Sally

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 10:01:14 AM »

Hi,   I can totally relate to what you are going through.  I was the same at the end of last year,  insomnia and anxiety,   I was prescribed HRT by by GP the effect was not instant it took a couple of months.  My GP also put me on AD's to help me sleep and take the edge of my anxieties.  Although they did make me sleep I hated the foggy feeling I had the next day. 
There is light at the end of the tunnel.