Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Continuing atrophy problems  (Read 4424 times)

Mrs Bennet

Re: Continuing atrophy problems
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »

Just read your thread Suzysunday your symptoms sounds so like mine......yes feel very fed up to put it mildly.......just so hope that the ovestin will work for both of us 🤞 sending you a 🤗 .......the ladies on here are so supportive just knowing you are not alone really does help......i have health anxiety too so keep thinking the worst 😳 all so annoying xx

suzysunday

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »

Yes my health anxiety has been stratospheric lately. This site has been so helpful to turn to. VA is such a depressing condition. Thanks and hope the Ovestin works for you.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 09:11:25 PM »

Keep me updated with your progress
😊 xx

suzysunday

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 09:39:01 PM »

Will do.

riverrunsfree

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 08:58:50 AM »

Hi Suzysunday, Sorry to hear about this. Yes it is such a difficult issue to deal with and does have massive impact on our lives.
Mine was AT 48, fine one minute and wham...what the hell is that the next..soreness, feeling like I had UTI. Started on ovestin and it was a miracle and then within months I developed allergy to it. Now on vagifem three times a week and using Yes Vaginal Moisturiser and Olive and bee for outside area.Some days are fine but when the pain comes on it can stay for weeks...it is ruining my quality of life. However after three years of suffering (havent had smear due to not wanting my vagina to get torn) I am finally going to book the Mona Lisa Touch . Expensive and will put me in debt but that is how hard this all is. We all just want our lives back and our vaginas to be our friends again. Wishing you and yours wellxx Riverrunsfree

suzysunday

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 11:26:43 AM »

When I started getting soreness about 3years ago I had never heard of atrophy.  I thought the gp would give me something and I would be ok. I was devastated when I read up about it. Are you on any other hrt riverrunfree?  Hope the Mona Lisa works for you, though it sounds scary if it works I would consider it. You both are having it tough . Strange how your symptoms came back when you changed hrt birdy.  I use ovestin alternate nights and reluctant to try systemic hrt, so maybe in for the long haul.  It's a horrible condition.

suzysunday

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »

I agree so much, I don't think I will ever get over it, I'm so glad you said. Like you I cried a lot while reading about it.  It was like a horror story.  I haven't even told my mother or sister. I know they don't have it.  The gynaecologists at the hospital when I was diagnosed hardly gave me any information. Who knows how women found stuff out before the internet.

suzysunday

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 12:47:32 PM »

Thanks, I'll look into it. Can't believe some women put up with the pain.

riverrunsfree

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 06:23:37 PM »

Hi Suzysunday

Yes I am also on full HRT 2/10 Femoston. When I first went on hrt I assumed (wrongly) that any vaginal discomfort would go.I was pretty shocked that it didn't!! I find it hard to believe that 100% of menopausal woman dont have it. I think they do but with some it is worse than others. I had read about VA way before I got it and even though I was hit by it... for a months I refused to believe it..thinking it must be thrush or some other one off event. In fact I actually remember think..mmm VA...yes well that will be for really unhealthy unfit women who are already having poor health. It wont be me.
I'm pretty convinced that deep in the female subconscious we have been conditioned to tolerate VA and not complain. Pile a heap of shame or embarrassment in and we have a situation where women dont admit it even to theirGPs. And hide it from their partners.
We dont die at menopause anymore so its time to claim our comfort health and sanity back. In 50 years time women will be appalled at the current state of affairs(it wasnt too long ago that menopausal women were shut in mental institutions because of the ignorance surrounding the topic). I wish us all a healthy bright future...with happy vaginas that function wellxx

suzysunday

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 08:21:30 PM »

I never understood why my gp never helped more as I was having recurring cystisis after sex. You would think post 50 years old that it could be VA. But it was just doling out antibiotics and no advice.  I have seen 7 gynaecologists over the last 2/3 years at the hospital and never got any decent advice.  I would try the Mona Lisa if I had more confidence. I would love a happy,functioning vagina again!

riverrunsfree

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 10:59:16 PM »

Hi Suzysunday
That is upsetting that a very common condition has been overlooked and you havent got the help you needed at that time.
You need to find some confidence going into your future. Of course this forum is one means, exploring every combination of therapy etc is another, resources like Maryjanes Me and My Menopausal Vagina on Amazon is another. Then of course the VA facebook page I hear is good. Looking at everything around Mona Lisa laser online from real women and then knowing that that could be yet another route in the furture.

I believe we can get on top of this and that you can get more comfortable.  In the meantime know that you are not alone and you are also doing what you can do presently to take care of yourself. Much better to be doing something now than leaving it for thirty more years. Hoping you will get on the road to healing.

P.s I also drink 2 litre water a day (what a drag...but pretty important). And Im finding after taking sea buckthorn for a couple of months also a slight improvement.

Riverrunsfreex

suzysunday

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 11:32:05 PM »

Thanks, you write a lot of good advice.  I hope the ovestin will be enough for now and will plod on. The biopsy and bleeding really knocked my confidence and need to take things slow.  I'm afraid of taking any systemic hrt without serious thought.

suzysunday

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 05:09:13 PM »

Yes I will get some. 
Pages: 1 [2]