Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT and bleeding  (Read 1429 times)

karenc1900

HRT and bleeding
« on: March 06, 2019, 11:56:22 PM »

Hi, this is my first post, I am 53 and in Sep 18 started on estrodot 25, then 37 then 50mg increasing gradually over 6 months, my Mirena coil was about 5 years old at this time. I had a new one fitted 17 Dec 18 and about 4th Feb had small bleed 2 days or so not all that much really but a bit disconcerting as I have not had a bleed for over 7 years, I think I'm on my 5th Mirena. No bleeding since but my gp has referred me to the one stop menopausal bleeding clinic, would a scan be useful ? and do I really need to have a hysteroscopy ? Surely my lining will be thin due to my constant use of Mirena ? I know that for the first 6 months or so on HRT bleeding can happen and this is feeling a bit ‘overkill'..any advice welcome, thank you 🌸

karenc1900

Re: HRT and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 03:54:07 PM »

anybody ?!  :-\

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 04:19:42 PM »

Hi Im not an expert on Mirena coil but bleeding can be expected in the first 6 months of starting any new hrt,  How long have you been on the 50 patch? x

karenc1900

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 09:29:49 PM »

Thank you for your reply Dotty, I have been on Estrodot 50 for 2 months, started on 25 6 months ago and gradually increased. Have had no bleeding since this one episode and the GP that I saw seemed worried about it and referred me under the two week suspected cancer route ! I have been doing my own research and am know that bleeding can be expected in the first 6 months of hrt, maybe it was the increase to 50 and now its settled. I'm thinking I may go for the scan but am hoping that lining is thin due my constant use of Mirena for the the last 20 years and that will be the end of it 🤞🏻

Sarai

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 09:40:46 PM »

I had lots of problems beyond 6 months n Evorel conti eventually i5 stopped at half a patch.
You're still in the first 6 months of both, my GP felt sure my problems came about because I kept upping my dose.
I personally would wait 6 months before they do anything but a scan won't hurt if it's offered.

karenc1900

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 10:49:59 PM »

Thank you for your reply Sarai  :)