Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice evorel conti sequi and degestorel  (Read 2758 times)

Hvenab

Advice evorel conti sequi and degestorel
« on: March 05, 2019, 08:39:24 PM »

Hi  I believe I'm at the latter end of per. Suffering for 8 to 9 years. Thought I was dying, didn't join any dots till recently. After hundreds of gp visits and looking at forums I now know some symptoms are hormonal. Horrendous few years and not much better. Symptoms many. Recently given evorel conti felt very anxious so another gp changed it to sequi then got very bad headaches face pain after a week. Told stop taking it and given degestorel which I'm wondering if it's the right decision. Mixed messages diff gps. So just stopped evorel 50.  Infused. I was doing well for a week until headache. Us it possible too much estrogen? Perhaps. Lower dose? Different type? Anyone had similar experience? Lovely to find you all

Hurdity

Re: Advice evorel conti sequi and degestorel
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 08:06:47 PM »

Hi Hvenab

:welcomemm:

Your posts seem to have got missed - some of us haven't visited the new members board for a while - sorry!

If you are in peri-menopause still your own hormones will still be fluctuating so difficult to say what's causing what. Sometimes women get headaches initially when starting oestrogen but these should settle - as that dose isn't very high. Also some women (like me!) got headaches on the conti part of the Evorel -  ie the bit with the progestogen in it as well as the oestrogen so I changed to a different type. Not sure why you've been given desogestrel - is that the mini-pill POP? If you were getting flushes and sweats and skipping periods before starting the Evorel then HRT containing oestrogen is usually what's given to prevent this. You might try a different type although the only other patches are separate oestrogen with progestogen as pills ( Provera) or capsules (Utrogestan) or the Mirena coil - which will also provide contraception if you need that.

Sorry I can't help further and hope you sort it out so you feel better soon.

Hurdity x

Hvenab

Re: Advice evorel conti sequi and degestorel
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 08:45:38 PM »

Thanks hurdity. I felt really good the first 7 days on evorel 50 estrogen then bang headache. I wasnt sure if to keep on them or not. Gp said I must be estrogen sensitive. The pop pill was given for my mood but after a week more headaches and low mood and energy. So depressing. Is it worth trying the patch again du think?  Is degestorel same progestoren as evorel progesterone? The current situation is offered anti depressant and review....its not surprising I feel miserable. X