Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I have no idea whats going on  (Read 1861 times)

Lilyrose50

• First Flush
I have no idea whats going on
« on: March 05, 2019, 03:05:45 PM »

Hi, i am new to posting, although have been using mm site for some time. I think i am perimenopause, i have been suffering with  health and social anxiety and panic for some 5 to six year along with palpataions and just about every symton mentioned on here at some point,  :-\ I have given up on doctors and just riding it out now, doctors virtually  told me after just shrugging HER shoulders nothing  can been done to help me until periods have stopped for 12 months, but reading posts on here seems alot of you ladies are on treatment at perimenopause :-\
I soo confused

jaypo

Re: I have no idea whats going on
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »

Hi there,lilyrose,you're not Johnny depps daughter are you😆
Yes,a lot of us on here given up on drs too, I definitely have,my dr is a woman too and I left feeling worse than before I went in,it's normal is what I was told and handed a bottle of ADs,which I couldn't take as they made me feel worse,I'm not on hrt but someone will be along with advice soon.good luck

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »

Hi Lilyrose
I'm afraid your doctor is wrong.  You can have HRT if you are still having periods.  You need a sequential regime. x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 04:18:14 PM »

Hi Lilyrose50.

I love your name.
Dotty is right, you can have hrt in peri menopause.
Don't give up if that's what you want, is there another doctor at your practice you could see?
Go to treatments at the top of the page,select hrt preparations and hrt for peri meno will pop up. Have a read, and go back to docs.
At least you can go back with a little knowledge.....
Good luck. Let us know how you get on....xxxx

AG

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »

Hi,

Yes, you can have HRT during peri menopause as well, it is a differently combined type of HRT. I am in late peri and not (yet) on HRT but I recommend you read up on the types of HRT as mentioned in previous comments, and then go back to GP with this information. Peri symptoms can be pretty horrendous (and I suspect that for me at least this time may be worse than post meno). All the best, AG

Lilyrose50

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 07:35:41 PM »

Thanks ladies for replying to my post  :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 08:06:48 PM »

You're very welcome 👍🏻