Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti bleeding?  (Read 3050 times)

Julmills

Evorel conti bleeding?
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:29:58 AM »

Hi ladies
I started on evorel conti in December (I think) after no periods since the April before. I practically begged the gp to give me soothing because I felt like I was going insane. Within a couple of days my head cleared and I was back to feeling my near normal self. I did gain a little weight and my stomach seemed swollen but I could cope with that. I have however started bleeding every month?
Is this normal to start having periods again? I also have a very dry mouth on times and getting up several times a night to wee?
Thanks
Jul

Hurdity

Re: Evorel conti bleeding?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:03:23 PM »

Hi Julmills - this issue is raised almost daily - search for other threads with Evorel conti in title and you will find the answer! Yes bleeding is common at first! Also if you are not post-meno (no periods for 12 months before start of HRT) your own cycle might break through.

Hurdity x

Julmills

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 05:35:17 PM »

Thanks, will take a look now J x

Lucyjo

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »

I have been on Evorel conti for about 5 months. Great - didn't help burning mouth but did help hot flushes, night sweats & v.a. Had no periods for 18mths before starting them. Then, 2 weeks ago started the period from hell!
The GP rang me with some other results so I mentioned it to him & he said rip the patch off & don't use them again & see him in 6 weeks. I have stopped using them, still bleeding & don't know what to do. Any ideas???

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:15:27 PM »

If it has helped with your symptoms then bleeding is not necessarily a reason to stop - but you may need to find a different product. Bleeding is expected within the first 6 months of using a continuous combined HRT and because you were period free for 18 months before starting HRT the most likely explanation in your case is that it the balance between oestrogen and progesterone is not quite right for you but it has taken 5 months to become apparent. However if you have previously not bled on that preparation in the whole of the last 5 months then the doc should investigate. It could either be too much progestogen ( endometrial atrophy can cause spotting and bleeding - but wouldn't surely be like the period from hell I don't think?), or too much oestrogen causing a bit of thickening of lining and therefore sporadic bleeding. Alternatively you could have polyps or fibroids. Whatever the reason you are borderline (re timing of bleed) for an investigation being warranted so I would push for a referral now to put your mind at rest. This would involve a U/S scan initially, maybe a transvaginal scan and then if necessary a hysteroscopy ( looking at inside of womb through a thin camera) and biopsy ( teeny bit of tissue snipped off). The scan would be the first thing though - to see the lining thickness. Once you are given the all clear then you can look for an alternative HRT product if you would like to continue with it and symptoms are still present....

Hurdity x