Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Update on Vagifem  (Read 7026 times)

Mrs Bennet

Re: Update on Vagifem
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 08:43:24 AM »

Just a brief update used the ovestin last night ......second dose.....thought things were settling but this morning have that awful niggle and heavy feeling 😩.....i know it is very early days for me....reading all your posts many have suffered for far longer.....sending 🤗 to all......onward and hopefully upward xx

suzysunday

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »

Hope things improve. Know that awful niggle and heavy feeling, I still get it.  All the best.

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 10:50:48 AM »

The thing to remember with Vagifem is that up until a few years ago the tablet contained 25mcg not a measly 10!

Therefore even using it daily could hardly be called overdosing. 

They cut down the dosage because they found "its all most women need" or words to that effect. Well we all know how well the "one size fits all" method works don't we?
I thought that the leaflet related to systemic HRT (in general) rather than the 25mcg dose.

Exactly. And the information leaflet that accompanies Vagifem relates to the old dosage. It's not up to date. You can use Vagifem every day, safely!

Katejo

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 12:52:15 PM »

I actually had a conversation with my GP about using topical oestrogen if I came of HRT and he said it would be fine and probably necessary to use more than twice a week. I reckon the twice weekly thing is the bare minimum that perhaps works for  a few!
I have tried to reduce my frequency slightly. I can sometimes get away with alternate days but not any less frequently.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 03:19:30 PM »

I am just going to continue with twice weekly for now......just want to feel ok........my brain seems to be permanently connected to my bladder at the moment 😳.......wondering if some of it could be psychosomatic......feeling pressure but can manage not to visit the loo constantly.......feeling anxious also......appointment for transvaginal scan came through but not until end of the month xx

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 03:39:23 PM »

I am just going to continue with twice weekly for now......just want to feel ok........my brain seems to be permanently connected to my bladder at the moment 😳.......wondering if some of it could be psychosomatic......feeling pressure but can manage not to visit the loo constantly.......feeling anxious also......appointment for transvaginal scan came through but not until end of the month xx
Do you often find that you have to get up in the night to go to the loo? That is one of the questions which the urogynaecologist asked me. As my period of taking Vagifem gets longer, I am finding that I sleep through more frequently. There are still occasional off nights but I rarely get up more than once. I definitely benefit from using it more than twice a week.
If I get to Oct/Nov (a whole year) without a single UTI, I will really feel that Vagifem is helping. OK so far. Usually I get UTI just before going on holiday. This weekend is my first trip since starting to use the Vagifem so will put this to the test. I am worrying about it less than I did 6 months ago.

suzysunday

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 03:57:43 PM »

I know what you mean about your brain permanently connected to your bladder.  I thought it might be psychosomatic but then I have a few normal wee days and I know I'm not. I feel awful today. I have been like this for 6 months after a bout of cystitis. I'm desperate to feel ok.  Katejo, how long have you been on vagifem and are you on other hrt.  I think I may have asked you that before.  I daren't even have sex I'm so frightened about cystitis. We just have to try and stay positive Mrs Bennet, but it all seems so bloody unfair.

suzysunday

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 04:08:45 PM »

Thank you so much for the encouragement. These days tears are never far away.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 08:40:11 AM »

I don't have to get up in the night so feel really blessed with that one .....this all started for me early December when i had an upset stomach for a couple of days which lead to UTI even though i was careful with hygiene......now i feel a constant niggle in lower abdomen like i need to pee......it isn't like cystitis......if i am busy i can forget about it but as soon as i sit down there it is !!!!!  I feel the need to draw up like when doing a pelvic floor exercise but this just makes feeling worse......all very odd and hard to explain “ a feeling “.   xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 09:33:16 AM »

So glad to hear ( mean that in the nicest sense)......that you have had strange feeling/ sensations too.....i have had that buzzy thing too 😳....just so anxious that it is something horrible.....silly i know but suffer with mega health anxiety xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 10:44:42 AM »

Buy yourself a 'ring' to sit on to relieve the pressure on that whole area.  I think one can source those in mobility shops  ;) so mayB have a look on-line at their catalogues and see where your nearest shop is.

Keep up with the treatment. 

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »

A mobility shop will be able to advise; as would a physio.. 

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 12:42:41 PM »

Thanks so much ladies 😘😘.....will download the book 👍....yep Birdy have ditched the jeans for a while....dresses for me at the moment......I won't resort to a ring yet.....feel about 110 as it is......just sit on soft surfaces for the time being.....😳 xx

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 01:45:21 PM »

That's great news Birdy  :foryou:

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 02:00:49 PM »

Group  :hug:
Pages: 1 [2] 3