Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Update on Vagifem  (Read 7023 times)

Mrs Bennet

Update on Vagifem
« on: March 01, 2019, 11:14:24 AM »

Just to update on my last post.....been to the doctors and she has decided to change me from Vagifem to estriol 0.1% cream to see how i go with that 😳.....also given me zerobase 11% cream to try and calm things down as yes moisturiser was stinging .....not heard of it before .....she did an internal exam after which my symptoms seem to be worse today 😩.....she said all looked ok other than being tight .....and she couldn't feel anything untoward .....so will just have to see how i go  xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Update on Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 11:31:57 AM »

Have you used the product yet, if not, put a dose in ....... and keep the whole area as supple as possible to stop any stetching/itchiness.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »

Aw thank you Birdy CLKD just filled script today so will have a go ...tube says 1mg in 1g presume this is right 😳 use twice a week as i seem to be so sensitive to meds......feeling at my wits end today 😔 doc has requested an internal scan but did say she is confident it will be all good......it's just to make sure and tick the box ......but she said that could take up to 6 weeks or so to receive the appointment.....xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 07:40:04 PM »

You will remain sensitive in the vaginal area until you find something that eases the symptoms  ::)

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »

Yes it can be a long process that has made me quite depressed but just have to stick with it.   I have used ovestin for a few months alternate nights and still getting some wee feelings but less than before. Sometimes I wonder if I know what feels normal down there anymore as I question every wee and twinge after having these uti symptoms.  Hope you get some relief soon and all the best.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 08:10:33 PM »

Birdy started with ovestin last night just used half way to red line to start.....no miracle yet 😳🤣.....doctor has said once a week as i seem quite sensitive to medication but thought as only did half dose i would dose again on Wednesday .....not totally sure how to workk it out for an even twice weekly 🤪.....thank you Suzysunday and CLKD for your advice and good wishes.....will update in a week or so xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »

One should use it every night for 2 weeks so alternate nights might be better if you haven't had a reaction after Wed. application. 

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 09:24:27 PM »

Doctor told me there was no need for 2 week load as i am just swapping from the vagifem 😳 xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 08:42:56 PM »

Thanks for that Birdy ......i will see how i go......xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 08:44:25 PM »

Let us know! 

rower

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 11:31:47 AM »

I'm on vagifem, and at one point I was quite dry with soreness, the doctor said I could use the vagifem for two weeks every day just to get a bit more lubricated, it did help. I wasn't allowed to use it every day permantely because of the risk of cancer at 65.

suzysunday

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 11:45:59 AM »

Are you using it twice a week rower? You need quality of life. My gp has been good, and prescribing Ovestin as I need and told me it will be for life . I'm 60.

rower

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 12:14:57 PM »

Interesting I take 3 times a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Im going for my review in April so I will mention it to, I think it's to do with money saving.

rower

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »

Suzysunday, what ovestin is it, is it cream or pessaries

suzysunday

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 12:51:12 PM »

Ovestin is a cream with an applicator. I use it alternate nights and Boots own brand vaginal moisturiser the other nights.
Pages: [1] 2 3