Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti and bleeding at 6 months  (Read 945 times)

Sroomoo

Everol Conti and bleeding at 6 months
« on: February 27, 2019, 10:00:53 AM »

Hi,

I have been on Everol Conti for the last 6 months and have had bleeding on and off throughout but my last bleed was a month ago so thought it had settled down.
I have also had incredibly sore breasts for most of the last 6 months but that had improved in the last few weeks.
I started bleeding again today so of course my GP wants to send me for scans etc but I am feeling pretty helpless as she doesn't seem to really understand HRT or have any ideas of alternatives.
I am guessing the Oestrogen levels are too high for me?

Any advise as I'm pretty fed up now!

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Everol Conti and bleeding at 6 months
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 07:15:34 PM »

Hi Sroomoo
Yeah, you can bleed on hrt , especially at the start, but I think because you have sore boobs,
maybe it's just a side effect.
Hopefully the scan will come back ok, and everything will settle down, if not, you may need to change to another regime...
I've bled a few times while on hrt, and my scans haven't shown anything untoward, so hopefully yours will too. Try not to worry, let us know how you get on....xxx

Hurdity

Re: Everol Conti and bleeding at 6 months
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 10:59:18 PM »

Hi Sroomoo - if the Evorel is controlling your symptoms overall ( the ones that led you to start HRT) then it's the right oestrogen dose for you. Evorel combi patch is only a medium dose anyway. The continued bleeding means either that the conti will take a while to stop your bleeding (sometimes it can take up to 9 months - but investigations are supposed to be carried out if bleeding persists after 6 months), or that the balance of oestrogen and progestogen is not right for you and may never settle. Some women in your position go back to cyclical HRT (this woild be Evorel sequi) because then the bleed is predictable so this is an option for you - if the tests come back showing all is well. Also there is a possibility of minor problems in the womb which can cause bleeding eg fibroids or polyps?

The other option is to have a Mirena coil fitted, or to have oestrogen patches with separate progestogen - Utrogestan or Provera.

If you have sore boobs then this could be down to the continuous progestogen. Also - had your natural periods stopped for at least 12 months before starting the HRT? If not maybe your own cycle is coming into play here and you are not yet post-menpausal?

Yes do let us know the outcome - as jillydoll says try not to worry as this type of bleeding is normal!

Hurdity x