Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston Conti 1/5 unavailable  (Read 910 times)

Wandering panda

Femoston Conti 1/5 unavailable
« on: February 26, 2019, 08:12:19 PM »

Hi,

just had a prescription for Femoston Conti 1/5 from GP. Boots say that they have none and cannot get any as manufacturer cannot supply. Anyone else having problems?

GP now doing another 'script for something else...will find out tomorrow what it is.

Was on Femoston 1/10 (2012-2017) but came off to see how I went. Within months repeated urinary infections and having to get up to pee multiple times in night...so was given Vagifem...which has been good and sorted urinary problems.

But night sweats, day sweats, insomnia and flippin brain fog  have returned so I asked GP to go back on HRT. As no bleed in over a year GP suggested the Femoston Conti 1/5 & also to continue with the Vagifem.

dahliagirl

Re: Femoston Conti 1/5 unavailable
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 08:38:29 PM »

Oh no - I am on 2/10 and was planning a strategy of which doctor to see to ask if I could change to 1/5  :-\

Wandering panda

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:02:09 AM »

Sorry.

Maybe it's just my Boots pharmacy, messing about? I'm just wondering what GP has replaced it with.

What the heck...I'm reading that women are having to swap brands and struggling to get their usual type. Not good...all this chopping & changing.

Why so many problems? Where is all the HRT? :o

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »

I suppose it would be wise to have a word with the pharmacist first before trying to change hrt.

I use the local pharmacy which seems to have a different supply route to large pharmacies like Boots.

Wandering panda

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 09:47:26 AM »

Have just called Boots and been told the replacement the GP has prescribed is Kliovance. And they have it in stock.

Will now read up on it.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 11:23:28 AM »

Kliovance has a different progesterone to Femoston But you may be ok on it x

Wandering panda

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »

Yes I noticed that...haven't picked up the prescription as not sure I like the sound of  the norethisterone.

Always suffered with cystic acne which only cleared up with the menopause. Not keen on that kicking off again :(

Plus my hair...straight and fine...seems to be thinning anyway...am reading that the norethisterone can cause hair loss  :o

My main problem is insomnia, and hot flashes day and night. Tired.