Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: No femseven  (Read 839 times)

Ody70

No femseven
« on: July 25, 2019, 11:39:34 PM »

Hi ladies
I'm on femseven conti plus sandrena gel but unfortunately I can't get hold of anymore femseven!
I'm wondering what else I can have similar 🤷🏻‍♀️
Has anyone else had to change because of femseven shortage x

Katejo

Re: No femseven
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 08:08:41 AM »

Hi ladies
I'm on femseven conti plus sandrena gel but unfortunately I can't get hold of anymore femseven!
I'm wondering what else I can have similar 🤷🏻‍♀️
Has anyone else had to change because of femseven shortage x
  Femseven is unavailable until next year due to a manufacturing issue. However the closest equivalent appears to be Evorel Conti,  which I am using, and now there is a severe supply problem with that too!  I don't know the exact cause of the Evorel shortage.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 08:36:10 AM »

There is a statement on the BMS website. I can't link to it but Google ' British Menopause Society HRT supply issues'  and it'll bring it up.

Taz x   :)

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 08:49:26 AM »

I have just taken my Evoral Conti patch off, my hair was already thinning badly but isnow falling out by the handful due to Norethisterone progestogen apparently,, a very fierce androgenic  type, so i would be wary of EC i have seen quite a few reports of the same
I have to say this doesn't happen to everyone
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:05:24 PM by jaycee »

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »

That's a worry Jaycee. How long were you using it for? I experienced some hair thinning myself when on Evorel but then discovered I was anaemic so wasn't sure whether that was to blame instead.

Taz x

jaycee

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 09:45:43 AM »

I have only been taking it for 5 weeks, and in that time my hair has gone from a few bare patches to all over, i think it was probably originally caused y stress
My scalp shows whatever i do now,before this i could at least pull the side hair over to hide the middle bit but even now while typing several strands have fallen out
I queried it when my Dr put me on these as i had already read about several people this had happened to, because of the type of progestogen, a very fierce one with strong androgenic properties
I also read in side effects it could cause hair loss, i have no doubts at all that it is due to the Evoral Conti
Search hair loss, and there are several reports about it
The steroid lotion my Dr gave me i thought was helping before this, as my parting seemed to be less bare, but it is  now showing my scalp again

roseandthorn

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 10:03:42 AM »

I am also a casualty of the withdrawal of FemSeven Conti. I didn't do well on Everol Conti, or FemSeven 50 with Utrogestan. I am on Femoston Conti now, and it's my least worst option. I don't feel as well as I did on FemSeven Conti but I am hanging on for next year when really hope FemSeven Conti will be back in production.

jaycee

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 12:28:59 PM »

Taz2.i have my iron and ferritin checked regularly, as i have Haemochromatosis,[iron overload] but did question if my level was high enough, but told it was within normal range, i still upped my iron intake though just in case,as normal range could still be at the low end
I have had thyroid tested too, all ok
I just know it is this HRT, too much of a coincidence, to happen so quickly within this last 5 weeks

Ody70

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 02:42:53 PM »

I saw a gynaecologist last year and she added the sandrena gel to my femseven conti, Ive been back in contact  and have just been told she's off and another gyno has prescribed me oestrogel cream? Don't I need progesterone too???
Feel like banging my head against a wall 😩 x ps he had all my notes 🤷🏻‍♀️