Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Back again......  (Read 2004 times)

Bradenton69

Back again......
« on: February 26, 2019, 01:42:16 PM »

Good afternoon,

So where are we at!!  I started taking Prozac before Christmas (20mg) and was so far so good up until the other week and now I feel like my low mood is coming back at a rate of 0 to 60 mph!!  On top of that my hair is now really thinning and my skin is either breaking out in spots or going dry!!!  I am also hardly sleeping and feel like the weight is piling on also.. so much for Prozac killing your appetite lol

I have been told HRT isnt really an option due to my endometriosis but they said they would try if worst came to worst.

Any advice please xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Back again......
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 04:04:48 PM »

Patches?  Who told you, GP?  Put 'endometriosis' into the search box and see what pops up?   Maybe the 'prozac' needs a hike for a week or so, I have to adjust my dosage occasionally.

Bradenton69

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 01:56:28 PM »

My Gyno at the hospital advised that it would be last resort however they could try it and worse case I just stop it.
Thanks I need to go back to GP anyhow will have a word.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 02:36:57 PM »

Is there an endometriosis support group in your area who you could chat with to make informed decisions?

Let us know  :hug:

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 03:16:17 PM »

Hi Bradenton69

Endometriosis is not universally a contra-indication for HRT - as you have been told you might be able to have it.

Here is what it says on this website:

"There is a small risk of reactivation of endometriosis with HRT use and any recurrence of symptoms should be reported. If a hysterectomy has been performed for endometriosis, the choice of HRT use thereafter should be influenced by the extent of endometriosis at the time of the operation. Since hysterectomy often causes a premature menopause, it is often advised to take HRT until the average age of the menopause; 51 years. HRT after hysterectomy usually consists of estrogen only. However, in the presence of endometriosis, estrogen may cause stimulation of residual deposits and consideration should be given to using continuous combined (estrogen plus daily progestogen) therapy, or tibolone, though little research has been done on the effect of different types and duration of therapy. Medical treatment of endometriosis often involves ovarian suppression which, along with ovarian removal, may increase the risk of osteoporosis. "

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/atoz.php#GlossE

It depends on where your endometriosis was and how bad? You can see that it might be possilbe to take continuous combined HRT if you had deposits outside the womb, and if you would like to go down this route?

How old are you and where in menopause are you re period frequency etc?

Hurdity x

Bradenton69

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 12:48:31 PM »

Thanks Huridty

I am 50 this November and my period are about every 3/4 months and last approx 4 days and pretty light when here.

I am really struggling again with anxiety and dont want to up my tablets If I can help it.  The Prozac was working great but of late I am struggling.  Been on Prozac since early December 2018 and dont want to be on it forever. 

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 05:21:35 PM »

Why not?  If you were diabetic ..... if you are hungry, do you not eat?  The brain needs support.

I have to readjust my AD dosage occasionally. If I feel low for more than 3 mornings I up my ADs otherwise I wouldn't survive.  After 5-7 days my brain benefits ..........

Maybe up the Prozac for 5-7 days and see how you feel?  It can be a bit Trial and Error!

Bradenton69

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 03:02:37 PM »

I know you are so right.

How is your tummy on it  :o  I have really bad toilet troubles!!!!  I am allergic to dairy so I dont know if there is something in make up of tablet.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »

Could be something in the fillers, is it proteins that upset you?  Have a read of the ingredients.

Bradenton69

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 09:02:31 AM »

I did and seems okay.  I cant eat dairy, gluten or soya but they ingredients dont appear to be in it. :-\