Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Inside Out - story on menopause  (Read 1310 times)

dahliagirl

Re: Inside Out - story on menopause
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »

Thanks, that was interesting.

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 10:11:31 PM »

Yep, can't fault it. I was a victim of the millennial studies back in 2003/4 when a GP stopped my HRT. We don't seem to have moved very far forward in the last 15 years.

JP x

JaneinPen

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 08:40:08 AM »

Thanks ricekrispie. Interesting but so bad to think that women still have to fight to even get seen let alone be treated for something that is so common. Shocking

ricekrispie

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 09:02:59 AM »

I think it's misleading. While it highlights the problem, which we can't have enough of, it still says 'trust the NHS, BIH are available on the NHS!' Which we know is a minefield, not always possible and dependant on your GP. I've had a three year struggle with the GP after going to the London Hormone Clinic because of a lack of understanding and no help from my GP. Now, after all this time I get everything but testosterone from the GP, but it's taken that long.

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 09:15:44 AM »

As Diane Danzebrink says, education in menopause for GPs is what's needed. We won't be any further forward until this is achieved.

JP x

Turkish delight

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »

I have the best most conscientious and knowledgeable gp, he's been there for me for 20 years.
Nowadays it's hard to get to see him bcz all the other patients love him to.

When I went to him re menopause and bhrt he was out of his depth, I actually knew more about it than him and I hadn't even spent much time researching at that point. I know docs can't know it all, but for something as standard as meno, which will affect half the population at some point, you'd think it would be better studied than it is.

TD

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 05:05:10 PM »

As Diane Danzebrink says, education in menopause for GPs is what's needed. We won't be any further forward until this is achieved.

JP x
Yes I agree. I was a little bit too young to need it in 2003 but became aware of the scares/warnings. I am pretty sure that i remember a GP in my practice saying something like "This practice doesn't allow/approve of  HRT". Later I thought I had imagined it but now i think i did hear it correctly. I watched the Inside Out programme and thought that they dealt with it well.