Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can I stop a period from coming whilst on HRT...  (Read 1140 times)

Vieja Bruja

Can I stop a period from coming whilst on HRT...
« on: February 06, 2019, 03:07:01 PM »

Hi, I'm 49 years old, peri-menopausal and taking 2mg Elleste Duet.  I normally start a bleed sometime between day 3 and day 7 of a new pack of the HRT and it lasts between 4 and 7 days.

I'm flying to the other side of the world in a few weeks, for my daughter's wedding and I will be due a period sometime between the flights over and the wedding  :(

I've got an appointment to see the nurse next Tuesday but wondered if any of you knew if I could  take something to stop the period from happening, or at least delay it for a week or so?

Many thanks

J x

Vieja Bruja

Re: Can I stop a period from coming whilst on HRT...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:45:41 PM »

Thank you so much - that's exactly what the Nurse advised too - it's not something to do regularly but handy to know for the important occasions xxx

Viola13

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 05:10:00 PM »

HI I am new to HRT and have only had patches for 3 months (just on my 4th) I have had a bleed the day after I have applied patch 7 (the 3rd combined one) for the last 3 months which was great as I knew exactly when it would come but this month it has arrived the day after patch 5 (the first combined one). I am thinking of my holidays in July and wanted to know about this so great advice. Just hope it would work as it didn't seem to this month. I'm a bit confused

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 05:18:04 PM »

Viola, it's difficult in peri because it also depends on what your own body is producing and that often varies month to month. If your producing your own prog you will still bleed.

Viola13

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »

Yes, I understand I will bleed but it's weird it has been the same for 3 months then it's changed. The leaflet says the last week too. Just wish I could take something to stop it altogether lol...