Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2510 times)

Cat50

Hello
« on: February 22, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »

Hi Ladies

Thank you for letting me join your forum.

I've been peri menopausal for over 3 years now with no end in sight. I can't take HRT due to high blood pressure. I take supplements though.

My most unpleasant symptom at the moment is clammy skin on my forehead, feet & ankles. Is this normal?

jaypo

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 03:46:48 PM »

Hi cat and welcome to our little forum😊
I've clammy everything at times🤣 have a look around and pop what you like in search,it will come up with pretty much everything we've all suffered with.
Good luck

Cat50

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 03:54:57 PM »

Thanks for the welcome jaypo.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 04:10:24 PM »

Who told you that you can't take HRT?  There are so many ways of delivering medication these days, would patches be the way to go?  Maybe decide which is the most bothersome symptom then ask on here ........

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  We have threads on exercise, a funny room, the weather - we talk about menopause sometimes  ;)

:welcomemm: browse round.  Make notes. Do read the vaginal atrophy threads ........ 'cos treatment is delivered differently so BP won't make any difference.  Has the GP suggested anything to lower your readings?  Is it White Coat syndrome, I am *so* nosy  ;)

Cat50

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 04:25:35 PM »

Hi CLKD I'm nosey too  ;D

GP said no to HRT. BP was very high & I need 3 different tablets to control it. It definitely isn't white coat syndrome  ;D

I've got hot flushes, night sweats, clammy skin, sudden extreme tiredness, mood swings etc etc.

Activia yogurt works wonders for my bloated tummy.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 04:40:31 PM »

Hi Cat50....
Welcome to the forum......🙋‍♀️
Ask away, have a rant, we're here to listen....

Jd xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »

Hi Ladies

Thank you for letting me join your forum.

I've been peri menopausal for over 3 years now with no end in sight. I can't take HRT due to high blood pressure. I take supplements though.

My most unpleasant symptom at the moment is clammy skin on my forehead, feet & ankles. Is this normal?

Hi Cat50, welcome to the forum. High BP is not a contraindication for HRT, especially if it is controlled. Don't they give you anything for your hypertension? If not, they should!

JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 04:44:23 PM »

I agree Joaniepat.  A referral to the appropriate Consultant should be the 1st route. 

Anastasia

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 08:55:26 PM »

Hi Cat50,
Welcome! I'm new on here today but noticed your post. A friend of mine recently got diagnosed with high blood pressure which she has medication for but at a similar time she went on HRT combined/continuous as she is fully menopausal. I'm no expert but lots of research I have read says that if BP is controlled then you can take HRT and in fact it suggests the HRT can reduce High BP. 
I hope you get sorted xxx

AG

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »

Hi Cat50,

I have never had high BP but mine sky rocketed at times during late peri in line with hormone fluctuations and other jolly symptoms. If BP is consistently high, then medication and exercise can lower it but I wonder whether some HRT (patches) could lower your BP also. I am not a medical professional but as far as I know there is a patches and mirena (or other) option of HRT that you may be able to take. AG

Cat50

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 04:01:06 PM »

Thanks for all your replies. I'm going to make an appointment with my GP & discuss HRT again.

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 09:22:53 AM »

Hi Cat50

:welcomemm: and good luck with your doc - do keep us updated!

Hurdity x

Karen max

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »

Hi cat50
I take 3 highblod presure med per day abd have never been told I can't use hrt so definitely worth your whilegoing back to your GP and asking about it

Good luck

Kaz