Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Link to Dr Renee Hoenderkamp on tv last night  (Read 1601 times)

Dotty

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:15:02 AM by Dotty »

Robin

Re: Link to Dr Renee Hoenderkamp on tv last night
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:14:49 AM »

Thanks Dotty

Turkish delight

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 11:02:18 AM »

Dotty you're a superstar!

I don't think it was on in my region, didn't know which region it was supposed to be on either, but i set it to record anyway and it failed to.
I did look at a few of the other regions but there are quite a number and the write up's/synopsis for each were lacking lets say.

Will check out your link later.

This is my future self. Just seen it...great stuff! Can't believe docs are so behind in offering hrt treatment mainly due to the WHI study 2002 & press coverage of it  :boobs:

I put a note in the youtube comments box for you Dotty!

:peace:
TD
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:21:22 PM by Turkish delight »

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 06:24:32 PM »

Thanks Dotty - just had a look at the link as I'm outside London.

It was pretty good and put the breast cancer risk issue in perspective - with Prof MaryAnn Lumsden explaining the stats - as we all know, that lifestyle factors have a far greater risk for BC than HRT. So girls we need to get fit, reduce fat, and cut the booze and then we can worry less about HRT!

Also it was good that Prof MAL said what she did re compounded bio-identical hormone therapy in relation to the Gluck clinic which was featured (rather too much emphasis on the latter I would say) ie that it (BHRT) is unregulated and non-standardised and not recommended. I think some women will still be confused about BHRT and bio-identical/bodyidentical hormones though although the prog did say these (the latter) were available on NHS.

I hadn't heard of Dr Renee before but she seems really great and another GP waving the flag for better menopausal treatment and putting HRT risks into perspective.

Hurdity x

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 06:28:21 PM »

Hi Hurdity ... Dr Renee has some wonderful videos on YouTube discussing hrt and menopause x