Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Symptoms of low Oestrogen levels  (Read 1630 times)

jasmine5

Symptoms of low Oestrogen levels
« on: February 21, 2019, 06:52:27 PM »

I was originally taking Femseven Conti patches and feeling really good but for some reason I can't get hold of them anymore so my Gp prescribed me Evorel Conti as an alternative.

Things haven't been as good since Ive started The Evorel patches so Ive decided to cut down for the past few months to just one patch a week instead of two.  I made this decision mainly due to suffering from large painful boobs and pmt-type symptoms which I suspect were caused by the patches. 

Apart from some sleeping difficulties everything was going ok, apart from the last few weeks where  I've started to experience a kind of internal trembling, a sort of spaced-out feeling and awful feelings of nausea, especially in the morning.  Some days I don't have it all but other days it lasts all day and I'm finding it quite distressing and worrying. 

I've restarted the twice weekly patches now, but would still like to know if the trembling and nausea might be a symptom of low oestrogen levels?

Jules53

Re: Symptoms of low Oestrogen levels
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:20:47 PM »

Hi Jasmine5

I am in the same position as you and have had to change from Femseven Conti to something else. Unfortunately, I tried Evorel conti before the Femseven and they gave me terrible pains in my legs. So I  have been using Oestrodose gel and taking Utrogestan, a progesterone tablet for just over 2 weeks.

I have been having a few symptoms, which I thought were side effects, but I think they are because my hormones are fluctuating whilst I try and balance the levels out. I have been experiencing an internal shaking and sometimes find myself physically shaking, like I can't keep my arms still. It's hard to explain. I also feel very spaced out most of the time.  One symptom I've had for a while as well is feeling like I can't take a deep breath on and off. I have had numerous tests and there is no explanation for it. I have been doing some research and air hunger(not being able to take a deep breath) can  be a symptom of low oestrogen. The beauty of the oestrodose is that you can increase or decrease it so I am going to try an extra pump of gel to see if my symptoms improve.

Anyway, I'm no expert but I just wanted to let you know that I have also experienced the shaking. I hope you get it sorted soon and start to feel better.

Jules x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:32:05 PM »

Hi ... yes I had the awful internal shaking; nausea; body shakes and the inability to take a deep breath... all of these went once I found the right dose and type of hrt x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 08:51:04 PM »

Hi Jasmine5.
Yes I think it is. I had those too, internal shakes, horrible things, you have my sympathy,
still get them when the dreaded anxiety strikes, truly horrendous.
But when my levels are stable, I never get them...
Xx

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:53:15 PM »

Jasmine5 it could be the progesterone in the Evorel that doesn't suit you . And I also had the awful spaces out feeling x