Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OK I don't know what I am talking about & I have to stop reading the internet...  (Read 2787 times)

Katymac

No it was after I had my daughter - I had a retained placenta and they had to go fishing for it with forceps - I ended up with urinary incontinence and a rectocele (fun with IBS)

Then I had a bladder repair/TVT 6 years later

I am convinced the TVT makes my atrophy worse

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

My Surgeon always removed everything; womb, ovaries etc..  Didn't want to risk having to 'go back in again'.

Let us know how you get on!

Katymac

OK

I am using an app to monitor my Menopause & I get a free consultation with a gynae in exchange for feedback on the app

She agrees I should be on continual HRT & suggests an evoral patch and a tablet, UTROGESTAN, plus my vagifem

I can buy them from her or try and persuade my GP to perscribe them

She thinks my vagifem will work eventually as the skin down there renews over time (about 3 months she thinks)

Tc

How often did she say to use the vagifem

Katymac

Still only twice a week ::)

Tc

The app sounds interesting

Coogee

With you on this ladies. I am having terrible, and scary, GI problems, for 5 months. No-one is listening. Now, I don't know whether to laugh or cry when at the appointment this week I asked again if this may be another symptom of perimenopause and hormones (I'm 50 and continuously bleeding for months (yes, I am finally getting a referral for that after I insisted)). His response literally was "that happens at 52". So, there is light at the end of the tunnel. On my 52nd birthday it will happen with a snap of my fingers and over with in 24 hours.

I'm sure you can see why I have asked to see another GP!

Tc

Cooge.
I've heard it all now. Will it happen at the stroke of midnight!!   Does he also  think puberty starts on a girls 12th birthday!!

Definitely see another GP. Can you find out if any at your practice have a gynae speciality. I've read ladies on here say their practice nurse was helpful.

Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2]