Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help please, period just before utrogestan due  (Read 892 times)

Jaylow

Help please, period just before utrogestan due
« on: February 15, 2019, 09:01:37 PM »

Hi ladies
I've had a similar problem before but different timing. I'm peri and taking estrogel and utrogestan 10 days a month. The day i was due to start the utrogestan my natural period started. I decided not to take the utrogestan and let my period happen. It's about to finish, but it seems pointless to now start the utrogestan as there won't be any lining to shed? But I feel like I'm just taking oestrogen and not the progesterone and this feels wrong too. What do you think I should do?

sheila99

Re: Help please, period just before utrogestan due
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 10:20:05 PM »

I've had the same problem. I've found it best to alter the HRT to fit in with my natural cycle which is 6 weeks. On a 28 day cycle I bled at unexpected times. I would start a new cycle taking day 1 as the first day of the bleed.

Jaylow

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 11:03:51 PM »

Thanks, that's what I thought best. Just worried I seem to be taking so much more estrogel than the utrogestan as this also happened not long ago and I altered things to fit with my natural cycle then too, which meant delaying the utrogestan again.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 10:08:31 PM »

Peri is so difficult. As long as you've had a proper bleed I don't think it should be a problem. I don't think it follows that you need more prog if you're on a lot of oestrogen, and what your body is producing must be enough as you've had a bleed. When my body's working and I have HRT prog it can be too much and I spend a fortnight so dopey I hardly function. For 40 years I've had a bleed every 6 weeks instead of 4 and my lining is still thin so I've decided not to worry about it.

Jaylow

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 08:10:30 PM »

Thank you Sheila, that makes sense