Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bit more than spotting....  (Read 755 times)

Sooze

Bit more than spotting....
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:02:59 PM »

So the end of my first month of Sandrena and Utrogestan I had spotting that lasted maybe 18hrs.  Around 33-34 days later I've had more, can't really call it spotting - more like ‘dripping' (sorry if TMI), and I'm now at 6 days duration. It's nothing like a ‘period' - no cramping, mood change etc and it definitely seems to be tailing off. But I also know this can happen in the first 6m of changing HRT regime.

So....I don't mind using the very thin panty liners (I think Bodyform do the thinnest), but anything more and I feel very uncomfortable - like I'm wearing a nappy, and I've needed slightly more this time. Because of this I'm thinking of investing in a Mooncup. I used one pre meno, very successfully for around 20yrs (it shortened the duration of my periods by 1-2 days).  I know everything could settle over the next few months, but it might be a good investment if I end up reducing the Utrogestan and having a bleed. So the question is - anyone using a Mooncup or similar?

I know I won't be able to use it overnight and use the Utrogestan vaginally, BTW.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bit more than spotting....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 03:48:39 PM »

Hi!  nowt is too much info on here.

Yep, like wearing a nappy - remember it well.  I had heavy, clotty periods: huge bleeds.  At night needed two thick pads as well as laying on a bath towel  :'(.  Haven't heard about 'moonscups' for years ...... let us know how you get on?

Sooze

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 04:08:08 PM »

Thanks CLKD,
Will do. There's no way I'm letting a tampon anywhere near me, they could turn the Atlantic Ocean into the Sahara desert IMO, so trying a Mooncup seems to me the best option, especially when it's so ‘scanty'. It's actually almost stopped today so I'll see how it goes.

I didn't discover this site until I was post meno, but interestingly I can only remember 1 heavier than normal period in peri (in London on holidays at the time) and compared to lots here having a ‘peri nightmare' with bleeding I feel very lucky. Yes they could be painful enough for me to almost pass out but the amount of loss was never an issue.  We're all so different.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 04:55:44 PM »

I could never wear internal protection, vagina too short.  Apparently  :o but I've never had a complain from Himself.