Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Peri Blood test results  (Read 2120 times)

Floo36

Peri Blood test results
« on: March 16, 2021, 01:48:31 PM »

Hi,

I am Peri menopausal and really ill.  I keep being told to increase my dose and still I feel ill.  I decided to do a week of Estrogen bloods to see if that would help me work out what is happening to me.  I have all the symptoms of low Estrogen so I won’t list them but I just feel very ill most of the time with the odd hour, half a day feeling normalish.

I had the bloods taken from the hand apart from one because the sprays are applied to the forearm. I also did some in the morning and some in the afternoon. I apply the spray at 08.00am.

1161 pmol afternoon taken from hand
1656 pmol mid morning taken from the hand
5283 pmol afternoon taken from the arm
1744 pmol mid morning taken from the hand
2834 pmol afternoon taken from the hand

I know that my hormones are fluctuating which causes severe mood swings etc but these results are telling me that my ovaries are throwing out a lot of Estrogen at times and then I’m adding HRT on top. So are my symptoms of low Estrogen actually at times because it’s too high? 

The first reading isn’t too bad but the others are very high I think. 

I’d appreciate your thoughts.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 12:03:40 PM by Floo36 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice and thoughts needed please
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 02:05:47 PM »

Hi! do you take your own blood tests  :-\.  Because hormones rise and fall all the while, they are rarely reliable.  My gynaecologist treats by symptoms.

MayB tell us more about your overall hormone health, i.e. periods etc.. 

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is of use to chart progress. This will also tell you how often you have mood swings, which can be caused by not eating enough regularly.  I was advised to eat every 3 hours, even in the night if I got up ........ I tend to stick with that regime, 30 years later as it suits me. 

Think why you began taking HRT - has it helped that at all?

You can put the name of the product/s into the search box individually to see how others have coped? 

Floo36

Re: Advice and thoughts needed please
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 03:23:50 PM »

Hi CLKD

No I had the bloods done at the Nuffield by a doctor. 

I don't know what my periods are doing I bleed on and off. I was taken off the combined pill 2 years ago at 51 and put on the mini pill then HRT when all hell broke loose.  Been trying to find a HRT dose and type for the last 2 years.  Was finally put back on the combined pill because things got so bad and that did work after a good few months but palpitations, anxiety and sleep got worse again so was told to add in some HRT and that's when it all went completely wrong again and i went downhill and increasing the dose hasn't make a difference and that was 3 months ago.  I decided to do the bloods to try and get to the bottom of it because my symptoms were saying low estrogen but the bloods show high levels and wild fluctuations on the same dose.