Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Long bleed  (Read 960 times)

kazy68

Long bleed
« on: February 05, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »

Hi all, having a period atm which is going on for what feels like forever,
It isn't heavy and sometimes it's only when I wipe (sorry tmi)
But this has been going on now for nearly 4 weeks and is really starting to get me down,
Getting cramps and back ache as normal but that isn't going away either,
Is this Normal, I'm 50 and have had a few missed ones with longer inbetween too
But not had one that's doesn't seem to want to go away.

Thx in advance
Karen
Xx

Dotty

Re: Long bleed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 06:59:09 PM »

Yes that sounds about right for peri menopause 😢 Periods can get longer, heavier, shorter or lighter x

OddPomme

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 03:59:44 PM »

I had that too, I thought it was never going to stop, drove me mad for at least 4 weeks, then I had another "normal" period (whatever that is these days) and it all went away after a few days.  Just plain weird.

Annika

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:39:28 PM »

Sounds about that age mine started at 54 never ending periods.  At first I ignored it and took extra protection whenever I was out and about but it eventually got to the point where it just never stopped. Scared myself to death when it last seven months straight and eventually became very anemic/sick and had a hysterectomy. Don't go to long without getting some help anemia does creep up on you even when its not very heavy.

kazy68

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 01:41:43 PM »

Thx for replies ladies,
It's still no better seems to be moving on to what I call a normal period now a bit heavier,
Went to drs yesterday to see if combi pill would help apparently I'm to old for it  :o
So he gave me mini pill to stop it tried trans something acid (cant remember lol) before but didn't agree with me,
Pros it will stop the bleed
Cons bleed will start once I stop taking it, should i just carry on and let it all come away or take them ?
Also sent me for blood tests  and wants to see me in month so basically no help at all,
Back still in bits feel like poo and still have nanny duties,
How I wish for a few weeks off  :(
Love them to bits but a break from routine would be fabulous.

Karen
Xxx

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 10:54:56 PM »

Mefenamic Acid was it Karen?  or was it actually a mini contraceptive pill?

If you are getting into the heavier stage rather than just the mucky stuff - maybe you will find it stops after 3 days of heavy bleeding?  I really can't advise.  Obviously there is womb lining to come away.  I had about a year like that, when one period seemed to stop 2 days later another started with mucky discharge.  It seemed like my body was having a hormone/period party before it gave up the ghost!