Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Does anyone have experience of Femesteron 1/10 and Fluoxetine taken together?  (Read 998 times)

Gillie

• First Flush

I have found this site really helpful in the past and I'm struggling emotionally at the minute and need some advice. I am 48 have been in perimenopause for at least 2 years (mum was 42!). My mood and anxiety has been an issue for the past 3 years, I was taking Fluoxetine 20mg and Propanolol 40mg which improved my mood but did nothing for the joint pain/flashes. My mood improved so I stopped Fluoxetine and continued on Propanolol only mostly just once a day. I was commenced Femeston 1/10mg about 4 months ago and it is great for hot flashes and joint pain but my anxiety is rising again and my low mood is returning . My mum has a history of depression. Does anyone have any advice or similiar experiences? Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 06:53:46 PM by Gillie »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Help! Does anyone ahve experience of Femesteron 1/10 and HRT together?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 03:31:05 PM »

:welcomemm:  Hi Gillie

Sorry to hear your struggling at the moment, we're all here to try and help.
I too, suffer anxiety, so I and a lot of others on here, know what your going through.
Why did you stop the fluoxetine,?
If it worked for you, and stopped the low mood and anxiety, why not go back on it?
If you had no horrible side effects from it, I'd go back on it if I were you....

Other than that, maybe you don't want to go back on it, that's fine, ......maybe you need a higher dose hrt?  Or try another one.

Hope this helps.......xxx

Gillie

• First Flush
Re: Help! Does anyone ahve experience of Femesteron 1/10 and HRT together?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »

Hi, Thank you so much for taking time to reply. Yeh I feel a bit silly stopping it now, I had it in my head that I shouldn't need to be on tablets, was on it for 6 months. To be fair GP wasn't keen on me stopping it. Lessoned learned though started again today, fingers crossed. Now on HRT,Propanolol (once daily) and Fluoxetine!

pepperminty

Hi Gillie,

sounds like you have a plan. 6 months is not a long time to be on an antidepressant and your GP sounds like he is caring. There is no reason why after you have stablised again that when you feel that you are on an even keel and also have support,  that you cannot have that conversation about coming off them again in the future if you want to.

Usually the GP should suggest conselling also, as anxiety and low mood whatever the cause is hideous to coope with. And just to have someone to off load to can be really useful.

I hope you feel better soon.

Peppermintyx

jillydoll

• Hiya

Yep, good one Gillie...
Keep us informed how you're getting on... hopefully they'll kick in soon...

Good luck babe. Xxx