Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Four Years of Morning Sickness!  (Read 1440 times)

DebsH

Four Years of Morning Sickness!
« on: January 22, 2019, 09:41:57 AM »

I've been taking HRT tablets for nearly 9 years now since being diagnosed with an early menopause at 42.

Everything was fine until 4 years ago when I started feeling nauseous during the night and in the morning. I've seen various GPs who have tried me on anti-sickness medication, anti-depressants, IBS medication, gluten free/lactose free diets with no success. I've had a camera investigation which showed up nothing. When I suggested to them could it be my HRT they said no.

As you can imagine, 4 years of feeling morning sickness is rubbish! I can't eat first thing, strong smells make me feel worse and it disturbs my sleep.

Last summer I decided to come off the HRT to see where my body is in it's natural cycle. The hot flushes returned with a vengeance - over 30 a day in last year's heat! I stuck it out until November but one thing that was positive was that my morning sickness was better! That proved to me it must be the HRT because as soon as I went back on it it's come back worse than ever.

My GP has suggested trying the coil and patches as a different way of delivering the HRT and I was just wondering what other people's experience of this was.

I would love to be able to wake up and jump out of bed instead of curling up feeling sick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Four Years of Morning Sickness!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:33:49 AM »

How did you stick it for more than 4 weeks, leave along 4 years!

Surely there is a connection: after all, morning sickness is recognised !! 

I am sure that someone will be along.  Otherwise stick 'Mirena coil' into the search box and see what threads pop up.

:welcomemm:

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 04:52:26 PM »

I replied on your original thread on the 15th January. Can you find it? I can't link it at the moment as I'm on my phone and can't get it to work.

Taz x

DebsH

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:30:16 AM »

Thanks for your replies! I didn't have any side effects from the HRT tablets for the first 5 years and then out of the blue came the morning sickness 4 years ago. I've lost count how many times I've been to a GP with this and been told it was highly unlikely it would be the HRT but it definitely is! I've been taking ginger tablets recently and have a ginger biscuit next to my bed so I can eat it before getting up and that has definitely helped a bit. I'm not sure about the coil - does anyone use patches to deliver both hormones? Back to the GP again next week to see what else they can offer me.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »

Did you use the search box on here?

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 02:05:55 PM »

Hey DebsH,
Just had a thought - have you moved from peri into post meno during that time?   You say it was early menopause but not surgical meno?  Sometimes the body goes through a larger shift at that time and some of us need to change our hrt because our body reacts differently post meno which is why maybe the nausea started after such a long time.  Your own dropping hormone levels may have something to do with it.

Rosepetal73

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 02:43:13 PM »

Up until recently I very rarely suffered nausea but I have noticed a few episodes of morning sickness in the last few months which has coincided with worsening mood symptoms

SueLW

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »

Sounds like the progesterone isn't suiting you anymore.  Time to try different.  I'm sure the coil would be a better bet for you.

DebsH

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 08:50:45 AM »

Thanks all. I am now armed with more info and ideas to take to my GP next week. Will keep you updated!

DebsH

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 01:14:49 PM »

Update - saw my GP last week who has prescribed me Femseven Sequi patches. I queried with her about the availability of these - she checked with the pharmacy who said they had some. All good I thought! Turned out they only had one month's supply and didn't know when they would be getting any more in. I don't want to start on these patches only to have to change to a different type a month later! Will be going back to pharmacy to see if they can give me any further info on supply.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 01:37:54 PM »

Let us know how you get on.

Karen max

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »

Hi
Yes I am the same I was on everol conti patches and had morning sickness a few months being in them , when I asked if it could be patches causing them doc said no ..
I'd other side effects from the patch so I've stopped it and the sickness left
I'm now waiting on appointment from menopause clinic as I'm the same can't get hold if the other 2 patches my doc recommended I should try because there is a problem with manufacturers

Kaz